GameClub Waking Mars (by Tiger Style) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2012]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. David Tiger

David Tiger Well-Known Member

Hey there,

If you're still having this problem -- it does sound like an unusual one -- please contact me at david at tigerstylegames dot com, as I'd love to take a look at your savegame. I am pretty sure fertile terrain should ALWAYS be present ... but it sounds like something went super weird on you!

And thanks to the other recent commenters who have been enjoying the game, we really appreciate you playing! Tell your friends :)

2. dknight0

dknight0 New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    how do i move/copy a svaegame to another device?

I have 2 ipads and an ipod. (one ipad is from my office). I have all 3 on the same itunes account and have been able to sync the game from one device to another, but the save game isn't moving with it. Is there any way to get my savegame/progress onto my other devices?

3. Jwimpeney

Jwimpeney New Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Where is the goddam evidence for sentinent life?

Hi,

Love this game by the way, and have completed everything except this one thing:

Where is the evidence for
    sentinent life?

I've searched high and low, and there isn't a single barrier plant thingy left. I am also unsure what the purpose of gathering power is, but I have 23 (every room except a couple is maxed out)

4. David Tiger

If you're a bit tech savvy, you can grab the mac/pc app called iExplorer and use it to pull the contents of wakingmars/library/Application Support off one device and replace the contents of that folder on the other. Sorry, no iCloud :(

5. David Tiger

You've still got a ways to go actually. Max Core Power is 72.

You need to
    get inside the Core. It's below the Vertical Shaft if you haven't been there yet. The gate should be open if your Core Power is 23.

6. Jwimpeney

Jwimpeney New Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Yay! 108.6%

Aha, I hadn't found the "at the gates" cave.

Well I've done all three endings now. Odd how they don't have an achievement for you
    going to space with the sentinents and going into stasis

How does that guy have 109.6%?? I want to be joint first instead of joint second :(

7. sunsidegames

sunsidegames Well-Known Member

Love this game too! I'm right near the end, I think, with 28 core power. Getting some of the rooms past 3 stars has tripped me up. I was trying to do some ol' internet searches to find out how much core power I need to see the next bit, maybe get some hints on some of the tougher areas on how to max out the biome. No such luck.

This is really a very systems-driven game, its cool that they give you so many paths and options on how to complete things. There's always the 'grind it out' method, just reproduce those crawlers at 5pts a pop until you reach 2500 pts. =) Just letting my ipad2 sit there for an hour while the biome slowly reaches 5 stars, and then jumping down into the nest of them to watch them all scatter in different directions. There are so many the ipad2 slows to a crawl! =)

Very impressive game, the design and focus seem just about perfect.

Richard Cowgill
    sunsidegames.com

8. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Wow, at this game...so much polish, such an interesting premise and adventure. It's weird because about six months ago my wife and I were saying how cool it would be if there was an actual sci-fi game that, well, focused on science and exploration, rather than just killing stuff. This game is kind of a dream come true for me. It harkens back to some of the PC games I remember playing in the early 90s. Just lovin' it so far.

Thanks for the sale.

9. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    A huge thank you for not making the jetpacks available only via IAP! I think it's wonderful that you have to earn them to get them!

Quoted from the official blog:
    What a great treat! Thanks for adding those!

10. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    I almost want to stop playing until the update hits. ;)

Nice game, very enjoyable.

11. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Great game, great update!

Did anyone find how to get the new jetpacks? You have to beat the game first or someting?

12. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
  13. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Previous page, 2nd last post, answer quoted from the blog, or just link to the blog in the post above this.

14. beelzebub23

Oct 25, 2011
    Okey thanks!
    Im on 46 percent and I am at the part of
    the Megazoa which you have to exceed the max level of Biomass over 1500, I think. It's called: What will rise.
    Am I close to a new jetpack?

15. David Tiger

If you want spoilers, I'll give you spoilers :)

Jetpack #1 is
    unlocked when you reach Base Camp for the first time. This jetpack is much faster than the basic jetpack.

Jetpack #2 is
    unlocked when you find 0CT0. It's a hoverpack.

They're both pretty deep in the game, but in different directions! Hope you have fun with them :)

16. beelzebub23

Oct 25, 2011
    Thanks David!
    Looks like I'm pretty close to the first one, I hope ;)
    I love getting new stuff thanks for this GREAT title!

BZ

17. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I bought this for me yesterday, and last night my husband decided to give it a try too. After a couple hours of playing, he got up and announced that he needed to go rerate all his previous games, as everything else he's played now pales in comparison to this game's awesomeness! Definitely recommended for those who like exploration games. It's the best in that category imho.

18. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    :D

Yeah, it really is quite a step above most of what's on the App Store currently, and oddly enough, it doesn't have to be a port of a console/PC game to earn that distinction. I drained my battery twice yesterday playing it. Even Sword & Sworcery didn't hold my attention that well.

19. yoko

yoko Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Game Impressions

i usually don't leave a lot of comments... just look around and get some ideas on this forum. but hahah this game makes me wanna leave comment! lovin it so far!! :D

20. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    I want to love this game but I can't get beyond the controls.

I dislike the drag-and-follow set-up as my hand is either in the way or I have to keep switching hands which in turn makes planting just akward.

Otherwise an impressive game very glad I bought it.