Games that made your final cut since release 6+ months ago (Post)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by helmania, Nov 24, 2010.

1. helmania

helmania Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hello all,

I thought I'd start a thread to see which games people are still actively playing since purchased 6 months ago or longer. Do not post any new/recent releases.

I'm very picky in the games I keep on my iphone and my policy is if I dont play it much or not really enjoy it much, I must delete it. Needless to say, I just deleted Rage as it was a mini game that became boring fast, not to mention the 700+ MB it held.

I've downloaded many many games since I purchased my first iPhone 3g. All in all, only a select few seem to have a hold on me and I can never get tired of them or delete them for that matter. Here are mines:

MiniGore-
    I don't know what it is with this game, but I just can't get enough of it. There is this sheer frenzy and adrenalin with the game play that keeps me coming back for more since a year ago. :)

BackBreaker-
    Yes, it's not a complete football game, but that is the exact reason why I love it. The visuals are great, smooth as butter animation and the Euphoria engine never cease to show me something new. I can't wait for Vengeance. :rolleyes:

CoD: Zombies-
    This game started with one map and grew to now four nice ones. The tilt controls here are spot on and there is nothing more fun for me to see than the reaction of an online team mate when a zombie is creeping up behind him. Makes me laugh every time. :D

Real Racing-
    The title says it all, After so many has joined the racing genre, this game still blows them all away. Salivating at the thoughts of RR2:D

MiniSquadon-
    This little wonder never made it to the top 10 in the app store. Shame really as it deserves it much more than most of GL's junk.

UNO-
    The only gameloft game I really like. Having online play is just such a necessity as it's always fun.

PocketGod-
    The updates in pocket god are really what keeps me interested as I got tired of it a long time ago.

That's my list of MY all time great games I can't do without. What's yours?

The Fallen (great ones that got deleted):

GTA:ctw-
    Yes this little game was great, however the fact that rockstar never added retina display to a game that really would have benefited from it a whole lot since everything is... so tiny, and no multitasking is simply not acceptable. Oh, and the driving was too sensitive also.

MC2-
    Nice way of copying MW2 GL. But the reason I got rid of this is first TOUCH CONTROLS only blows. No accelerometer support and GL can't expect me to stand up for 1hr or 2 just to use the OVERLY SENSITIVE gyro. Not happening! Second, way to many times the game spawns you right in front of the enemy and knowing GL, that issue will NEVER get fixed. Once they release a game, they move on to making another one.

I think what I'm noticing is that some of the earlier iDevice games, seems to fare better in quality and fun than many of the recent new stuff.

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    100th Post!

There is one game out there that will always be on my iTouch. Its a little game called STREET FIGHTER IV!:eek:

Also, This Is My 100th POST!:cool:

3. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    #3 starmonkey101, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
    carcassonne
    peggle
    ultimate alphabet
    labyrinth 2
    fruit ninja
    Eden

4. Uberblake

Uberblake Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Lets see...GTA, Spider, Canabalt, Touchgrind, Eliss, JCS, COD, Labyrinth2, Minigore, Skeeball, Tilt To Live, Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Stair Dismount, Hook Champ, Imp or Oaf, Doom, Doodle Jump, Street Fighter IV, Flight Control, Enviro Bear....yeah 21/55 games.
    Edit: oh yeah forgot about Carcassonne :D

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    dinosmash online.

april 2009

represent.

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Canabalt
    Street Fighter IV

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Tilt to Live
    Minigore (I don't even play it... just have it on my iPod for no reason)
    Doodle Jump (I have to keep this one to save my highscore and show off to people :p)

8. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Defender Chronicles. maybe more but that is by far my favourite

9. t0panka

t0panka Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Creative Director
    Slovakia
    Doodle Jump
    Tilt to live
    Minigore
    Fruit ninja
    Monster dash
    Angry birds
    Super quick hook

10. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Super QuickHook
    Jet Car Stunts
    Flight Control
    Space Miner
    I Dig It Expeditions
    Red Conquest!
    Meteor Blitz
    Peggle
    Civilization Revolution
    Helsing's Fire

11. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    #11 bmdino, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    deleted

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Games that will stay on my iPhone through thick and thin:

Orbital
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Trainyard
    Fruit Ninja
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    LEGO Harry Potter (eh... not six months, sorry. But still staying :))
    Super Quick Hook

No matter how much space I need, or what I have to delete to get that space, these are the apps I would die without. :p