Icebreaker - a viking voyage! by Nitrome

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tannorexic, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #1 Tannorexic, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    Coming soon. http://www.nitrome.com/press/icebreaker-ios/#.UABxkaNhiK0

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    "Coming soon." :rolleyes: as if... Where's Super Feed Me may I ask?

Besides, someone cloned this game on the App Store already

Edit: Found this! http://www.nitrome.com/iphone/ It says Super Feed Me is put on hold and that Ice Breaker is 80% complete and a top secret project is 20%.

3. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    #3 Tannorexic, Jul 13, 2012
    Yeah I know, I was iratated by that at first too, until I looked at the screen shots for the new and improved ice breaker and felt even more excitement than super feed me gave me.
    It looks full on awesome, probably my #1 most anticipated game now.

And yeah Vikings slice already made a clone, but it's been removed from the AppStore, it kinda reminds me of the situation with spry fox and triple town... There was a clone In the AppStore, but it appeared that spry fox could not pursue legal action because they didn't have a competing game on the iOS market. My theory is, nitrome wanted to take legal action but couldn't because it's competing game was not on the same platform as the clone, so it stopped super feed me to work on getting this one out ASAP so they can start legal proceedings too.

Going to be a great game, really looking forward to it.
    Hope they didn't mess with the original too much, I'm a little but worried about the "boss battles and enemies" but hopefully itll be cool.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I wouldn't say I'm as excited for this as for Super Feed Me, but I definitely had some good times playing the ol' flash version of this :)

5. TheQuadsphere

TheQuadsphere Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    OMG, Nitrome... Ice fricking Breaker... Those screenshots... :eek:

[​IMG]

6. Nitrome

Nitrome Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    Icebreaker - a viking voyage! by Nitrome

[​IMG]

Hi everyone this is Mat Annal here from Nitrome (you may remember us from our Super Feed Me project a while back or hopefully our flash games).

I saw a few of you on the forum already notcied this so I wanted to highlight to you all our upcoming game Icebreaker - a Viking Voyage. We have put a ton of effort into this game and it is packed to burtsting point with variety, nice touches and side routes that go beyond what you might normally expect from a Physics puzzle game making it much more of an adveture.

I have attached some shots here but there is much more info and imagery on the official page for the game here: http://www.nitrome.com/press/icebreaker-ios

We are following all the comments you make on here and while your best going to get a responce on the official page we will try to answer questions you have here aswell :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Hi Nitrome :)

This looks as good as your Flash games. Hope you will be as successful!

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Ill buy it... But where is Super Feed Me?

9. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    I am glad to hear you are still following our game Super Feed Me and keen so see it released. It is currently on hold while we finish Icebreaker after which we would like to think we will pick it up again if we do well enough from Icebreaker.

It was a hard decission to make putting it on hold but we are a small team and the game lacked organisation so was going to take a long time to complete. At the same time we have been getting other games ripped off all the time in the app store. We decided that the best way to both tackle this and to get something on the store was to work on a more focused release that we were likely to finish in a more realistic timeframe that we could stick to. That project is Icebreaker and though it is more focused I don't think we could help ourselves going over the top....it has taken a few months more than we planned and it is much like Super Feed Me a real labour of love that we hope people are going to love!

You can find out more about Super Feed Me at the updated site:

http://www.superfeedme.com/

10. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    #10 Tannorexic, Jul 17, 2012
    Yesssss! So glad this Is actually happening
    Was worried it may be a promise full of air at first, but it seems legit.

Screw V.S IT'S DELETED ! making room for Ice Breaker. Woot.

I'm certain it'll do well,I could bet my left bumcheek on it,(it's ah MAZING!) so hopefully that means SFM is still coming!

Ps noticed a few more clones on the AppStore, there's a skywire clone, and also a hot air clone.
    They play terribly in comparison to the nitrome originals!

I'm a sucker for the clones because I enjoy nitrome so much, that I'll buy a clone if that grants me the priviledge of playing great games on my iPad, but unfortunately the games are rarely great, they are cheap clones to make a quick buck, especially the 2 I listed about. They suck majorly. Cute graphics though, but don't be fooled. Gameplay is horrific.

There names are
    Little skywire : little flower
    Little skywire 2
    Little skywire 3

Balloon bonaza: panorama concepts

11. mofu666

mofu666 New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    love graphics

12. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    #12 iSky, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    Looks Awesome

The graphics look awesome, and so does the gameplay, although I'm not 100% sure how you would play the game... What kind of gameplay is it? I don't get it even with the screenshots.

13. charlie8bit

charlie8bit Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Montana, US
    This looks great! Can't wait to play it ;D

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    http://nitrome.com/games/icebreaker/index.html for flash version of it. Your goal is to get the vikings to the ship

15. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    @isky the basic cutting mechanic is much the same as it was in the flash games in the series. You touch down and drag across and let go to make a cut anywhere you want. We have added the ability to move the starting position of the cut if you drag it with another finger too. Scrolling is quite different from the original..... You just use two fingers now which is much simpler.

@tannorexic I hope your left bum cheek is right! We have put our all into this so we hope it's quality helps it get noticed but this is new territory for us so we really don't know what to expect! We hope it does well enough to make more games for iOS but if people pick up the clones of our games that is less likely they will still be interested in what we make! If you point them out others look for them so it would be appreciated if you don't spread the problem... Thanks :)

@everyone else.....thanks for the support....more soon!

16. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    finally loving the nitrome games
    hoping to see more ports soon :)

17. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Thanks for the replies. Are you planning to have beta testers?

18. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    When I see a game with great artistry, I'm usually sucked in by it's allure. Regardless of it's gameplay, I just want to enjoy it. But by what I've seen this is a perfect combination of great, charming art, challenging puzzles and simple gameplay. I'm very much looking forward to this!

19. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    IceBreaker - Update 1

Hi All, just to let you know that there is an update giving more information about the game. We will be doing several of these leading up to the launch of the game. The first of these is 'Side Quests'. We have written what we hope will be an interesting post walking you through an example in the game with shots. This is a great example of one of the many additions we are adding to the genre to make this a really stand out experience and hopefully a top selling iOS release!

Please click through here to read more: http://www.nitrome.com/press/icebreaker-ios/updates.html
    [​IMG]

If you like what you see and would like to hear more and support this game we kindly invite you to sign up for future news including the actual release here: http://www.nitrome.com/press/icebreaker-ios/signup.html

[​IMG]

More info coming soon - thanks to everyone who is supporting us!

20. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK