Samsung GALAXY S III - Worth it?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sanuku, May 4, 2012.

?

Samsung GALAXY S III - Worth it?!

1. All Your Base Are Belong To Apple?

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. All Your Base Are Belong To Samsung?

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. All Your Base Are Belong To Nokia?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. All Your Base Are Belong To Microsoft?

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. All Your Base Are Belong To BlackBerry?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I have no idea what the answers on that poll mean... :p But this phone looks stunning :)

2. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Umm, no. If I had to buy a high-end Android device, it'd still be the HTC One X.

3. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    You don't know what "all your bases are belong to me" means?
    Man, that's some classic stuff there.

I won't even pretend to understand or care when it comes to how ridiculously fractured the Android market place is. 8 billion different phones. I don't know which ones are the best. And I'm way too lazy to find out.

4. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    It looks neat and all but im happy in the fenced-in ecosystem of the appstore so no, no samsung for me!

5. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I would buy it if the screen wasn't so damn huge, haha. 4.0" is perfect for me, maybe even 4.3". But 4.8" is bloody crazy.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    true, that phone looks great.

Noooo....?

7. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #8 Teknikal, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    I'd love one but I'll probably never buy one.
    I'd say there is a serious bit of tech in there and at the minute it's the best phone but things moves very fast.

8. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Just another ignorant sheep who only parrots what they read. Apple loves morons like you.

9. amaya0590

amaya0590 Member

May 5, 2012
    After iphone i cant use any other phone . iPhone is iPhone :)

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#11 Der-Kleine, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
    I mean come on! Things like the notification thing... Google really couldn't have done a more obvious coppy. And it's not even a good one... oh wait.

And when you think about it, is a phone made out of plastic really a bad thing? I've seen so many iPhones with shattered fronts and backs...

11. tomchap

tomchap Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I have been an iPhone user since the 3G and I love the iPhone and how it has developed over the years... But Samsung are bringing some nice devices out.

A friend of mine has the galaxy note and I'm seriously tempted and this came out. Kinda inbetween.

I really hope apple increase the screen size of their next device(s). The galaxy note and s3 look great.

Will see how they perform. Waiting for the ICS update to come out. This is where apple do seriously well. Update comes out for all devices.

I'm loyal to no one and as long as the device is smooth and responsive I'm happy. Just hope apple spice things up a bit!

12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm buying a new phone soon I can't really afford the s3 or I would jump at it, however I do have my eyes on the Galaxy S Advance, which actually beats the S2 in a few of the benchmarks.

Still have a few weeks to decide but right now it's between the S Advance and an Xperia S.

13. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    U mad? I think u mad.

Why u mad?

Seriously, I ####ing love witnessing these fanboys raging hard over a piece of hardware.

14. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    The more I think about it, I might actually just get the S3 it's stupidly expensive but I really like the thought of it beating the newest ipad in graphic benchmarks it might be just the thing to annoy my manager with his 4S.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It looks nice, but before I would even think about investing in one google needs to clean up their OS. What's the use of such great hardware if it just gets bogged down?

16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Well my common sense won out and I bought a slightly cheaper handset still a pretty decent new one from Samsung.

I've kind of been lusting after an Amoled screen since I first saw them so I bought a Galaxy S Advance (New updated S with dual core cpu,curved gorrilla glass, super amoled, 8gb on board and microsd.

On it's first charge so I haven't even seen it in action yet, it's a big step up for me because I've just been relying on basic phones and my ipod up till now, I'm really looking forward to playing with it. another bonus is with three in the UK I can easily have all you can eat data making my life a lot less easier.

17. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Yeah wait, what exactly did apple copy? A gesture which brings up the notification bar? And....... Absolutely nothing! Other than the gesture (which isnt even something google can claim it had first, webos had those before it, though not for notif bar specifically) the iOS notif bar neither looks nor works the same as Google's. And when you take into account all the "inspirations" android got from iPhone (google android prototypes pre-iPhone and then come back and thank apple that you got an iPhone clone instead of a blackberry clone), apple's copying this gesture would seem like a drop compared to Google's ocean.

18. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    *implied face palm*

Nice job copying my comments, what are a parrot?

Seriously, you are raging over a piece of hardware. Look at yourself in the mirror.

There is a reason why there are people out there in the internet hate apple fanboys. There is a reason why they call people like you an "ifag" and "itard".

Grow the hell up, son.

19. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I thought this story was pretty interesting although probably not deserving of a topic of it's own so I put it in here where it sort of fits.

Full story here

I'm starting to doubt if the iPhone 5 will be able to compete with the S3 (international version) nevermind the upcoming Samsung phones but with any luck it will mean better phones for everyone while they try and outdo each other.

Now if they can both just get on with making better products and stop all the silly court battles.