Like-Wise : Make Some New Friends

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by geppetto, Jun 6, 2011.

?

I use standalone social apps like Like-Wise

1. Frequently

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Occasionally

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rarely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. geppetto

geppetto Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    #1 geppetto, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

WANT MORE FRIENDS?

Now with Like-Wise, you can easily find new friends that have the same interests as you!

Tell Like-Wise about your favorite things, and the app will compare you with everyone else, telling you exactly how much you have in common!

In Like-Wise, we believe that “WHAT you like” says just as much about you as “What you ARE like”.

Best of all, you’re in total control of exactly who’s allowed to talk to you. Approve the people you like, chat with them and get to know them, and then add your new friends to your Facebook or Twitter accounts to build your relationship even further.

Find yourself some new friends today!

Like-Wise. Spread The Like!

2. geppetto

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    Screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. geppetto

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    v1.1 is now out with some minor bug fixes.

The database of profiles is rapidly growing and I'm already hearing reports from people who are finding great new friends!

Join us today on Like-Wise - FREE on the App Store!

4. geppetto

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey everyone. Over the last couple of days I've been thinking about launching a bit of a revival for my social networking app Like-Wise.

It occurred to me though that these days there seems to be a lot less interest in these types of "stand-alone" social networking apps, with the majority of people sticking with their Facebook account as their only real form of social networking.

I created Like-Wise initially as a way for people to meet new friends, rather than simply to maintain friendships. It's the meeting new friends part that I feel applications like Facebook are severely lacking in. Particularly people - presumably - like yourselves (and me!), with specific interests in video games, movies, etc.

Anyway, I've added a poll to this thread because I'm interested in gauging the current level of interest in these types of apps. Both out of curiosity and as a form of "study" into whether or not it's worth me putting effort into trying to relaunch this app.

If you have a second, please cast a vote.