Deleting Paid Apps

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by backtothis, Feb 25, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's been a long time since I started a thread here on TA haha..

Well, anyways, I don't want to appear to be spamming the the forum in any way, but I was just wondering what are you guy's takes on deleting paid apps off of your iTunes library?

I delete crappy free games the instant I see that they're bad, but I have never deleted a paid app from my library since I started buying them in January 2009. Now that my collection of just paid apps is nearing 600 after all these months/years, and I really feel like I should delete the obsolete games that either suck terribly or haven't been update in over a year.

How do you guys feel on the topic? I think I'd be able to cut my library by a few hundred apps if I only left the games I would have still bought after I knew how they played.

Thanks!

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I personally wouldn't delete my paid apps in case I ever feel like going back to play it. Perfect example would be Reckless Racing. Every once in a while I sync it back up.

3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Well, as long as they are on my AppShopper lost, I don't mind deleting them. Of course it's just apps that I don't plan on playing.

4. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Do you have to add those manually, or is there some magical voodoo that syncs your iTunes library automatically?

5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Well, I don't know about Windows, but on Mac, there is an app to automatically detect the IPA's on your computer and add them to your list. Though I do add them manually if I have the page opened.

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'm on the latest MacBook Pro. Link me!

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
  8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Yep, just make an account on AppShopper, then log into the account in the app and it'll search for your apps.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Wish there was a pc version. :(

11. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    The price of the app is a sunk cost. If I would delete it as a free app, I'd delete it if I happened to pay for it too. Usually I just ask myself, do I like this game at all? Am I ever going to go back and play it? If the answer is no to both questions, then it's gone. That's just me, though.

12. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
  13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Thanks for the input guys! Definitely doing some spring cleaning tomorrow with my paid apps. Breaking over two years of tradition xD.

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Glad I looked into the thread. I could use that AppShopper link for the pc as well. But I've been getting into the habit of "spring cleaning" my device and my library on a monthly basis considering the flood of games available within that time. Yea, and the hardest ones for me are the paid apps.

15. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    If it isn't fun, I'll delete it. It's as simple as that.

16. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    What I like to do is transfer the file to my external hard drive and then I delete the app from itunes. Running out of room on both my ipod and computer :)

I always sync the app before I transfer over to my hdd and delete it from my computer. If i were ever to transfer it back and sync it to my ipod, the app would have everything from the latest sync right ?

17. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    If you're asking about game saves, I believe the answer is "no", but someone who knows better might be able to correct me.

18. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    You are correct. The only way to keep game saves is to back up your entire device, or jailbreak and use AppBackup.