Any games like bubble bobble?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bluenag, Jul 22, 2009.

1. bluenag

bluenag Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Are there any games out for the ipod now that are like bubble bobble? With the whole "shoot the colored sphere to make three" thing.

Thanks!

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I remember Bubble Bobble for the NES but I'm not getting the "shoot the colored sphere to make three" part. Since when was Bubble Bobble a match 3game?

3. jovy23

jovy23 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    its probably puzzle bobble and it does have those dinosaur characters from bubble bobble in it, but i would like to see a bubble bobble like game in the app store.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Bubble Bash

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    There is a game called Chippy that is pretty similar - the name even states that it is "inspired by Bubble Bobble. I have played it, and while it is not perfect - its is pretty good.

Link to Chippy

Sorry - misread - similar to Bubble Trouble...

6. bluenag

bluenag Member

Jul 12, 2009
    yea its like where you shoot the little colored circle out of the cannon and you have to make combos of three otherwise the balls keep getting closer to the bottom of the level. Thanks for the similar apps tho!

7. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    Unfortunately, there's no game exactly like the old Bubble Bobble. Its just one of those one-of-a-kind games that no one tried to replicate or remake yet.

8. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, there's one that's pretty much EXACTLY bubble bobble but the name slips my mind. Let me see if I can find it :)

9. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    well did you find it?