Looking for starting developers

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Voley, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Voley

Voley Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    I'm new to iphone game developing and programming itself, and I'm looking for a buddy to learn all that stuff together, because it is easier to do it this way, talk about different stuff and all.
    At the moment i'm watching Stanford course - Programming methodology (12 out of 28) and doing all excercises from the book and stuff. I'm planning to get the Programming Abstractions and Programming paradigms from them and after i'm confident with that i'm going to have a look at their Programming for iphone course.
    Are there any people who are studying the subject too and would like to share their thoughts and progress?
    Any books you would recommend? Thanks

2. newshidstudios

newshidstudios Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Developer
    Maryland
    Hey, I'm fairly new to development also, I've put out about 9 apps using app development software and they have done fairly well. however, Im really interested in learning more about games and cocos2d to take that next big step. I've watched a few of the stanford courses and they are great for developers starting out. I think i would be great to have somebody to learn more with and share ideas, have you read any of the books from apress?

3. racingspider

racingspider Well-Known Member

I'm not sure 9 apps would classify as "new developer"! I guess it depends on how complicated they are so... what are the apps you've created. :)

4. newshidstudios

Aug 12, 2010
    Developer
    Maryland
    lol I know 9 apps wouldnt classify as a beginner if that person coded the apps himself, I used a service like appmii, to create my apps but now Im looking to learn the code

5. sprout

sprout Member

Aug 24, 2010
    I am doing EXACTLY what you are doing right now (well I guess not this very second ;) ) If you would like to work with me send me a message, I have a wealth of resources on my side ;) and find working with people learning what I am learning always helps me internalize the material and make it stick.

6. Voley

Voley Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Still looking for a buddy!

7. DavidHolliss

DavidHolliss Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    London, UK
    Hi, how did you find AppMii? have any of the games you created with it been released on the App Store? thanks.

8. newshidstudios

Aug 12, 2010
    Developer
    Maryland
    @david
    I actually used appmii during a time when it was free and I've released 9 apps with it. you can search for my name "Marc Jordan" In the app store and check some of them out. My biggest money makers are the game guides.

9. newshidstudios

Aug 12, 2010
    Developer
    Maryland
    There are a few app creator softwares out there I will try and find the page that referenced all of them.

10. DavidHolliss

DavidHolliss Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    London, UK
    That would be helpful thanks, seems quite a few have come out since I last checked around tail end of last year.

maniacdev.com used to have a list but I've not been on there for ages.

newshidstudios - I'll take a look later, cheers.

11. Voley

Voley Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    bump! Need someone to help me with questions, please pm me if you can help fellow guy with simple questions!