How many apps do you have and which game stands out?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, Feb 1, 2011.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

I've amassed over 200 apps now and at the moment I'm not addicted to any. What be your situation?

2. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Neuroshima Hex is my best app purchase, by far.

Many of the Knizia titles are quite good, as well.

I have a number of non-gaming apps I'm very happy with, but I won't clog up this thread with them.

3. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

Checked it out but not really my thing. There must be something out there that can replace my every day life.

4. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    #4 iNexus, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
    92 quality apps
    40 games currently on my i4
    69 sex positions stands out

5. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I have installed 168 apps, and the game standing out is Real Racing 2.

6. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Over 300 outstanding is Papa Sangre

7. steveios

steveios Active Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Only have around 100

For quickplay moments
    1) Dino rush
    2) Zombienieghborhood
    3) Bug Heros
    4)Death Night
    5) Raynium

For 1 hour or more play

1) Dead space ...even after you beat it you want to go throught it again powered up.

2) Maxexplosin ... excellent platformer

3) Pizza boy....the most underated game on the iphone market. As close to mario as your going to get.

8. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Most of my apps are on the computer, but here's what I have on my iPad:

[​IMG]

9. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    iDOS
    MC2

10. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    thats it lol. I have hundreds, but i hid all the crap apps using sbsettings.

11. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Genius line.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #12 backtothis, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    552 paid apps, been buying in mass since January 2009.

What stands out? That's really a hard one since no game really stays on my iPod after I've finished it. However, the some of the ones that REALLY got my attention were:

-Phoenix Wright, played through in 20 hours without opening another game, the only game I've ever finished straight through. These days, I constantly have over 150+ unplayed games synced onto the iPod since I buy 2 new ones as soon I finish and delete an old one. Playing through just one game at a time is impossible now, 10 at a time is a good estimate, maybe 7.

-Aralon, I have literally ever RPG that's half-decent that was ever released on the iOS, and this ones near the top of the list

-Dinosmash Online (bought this in APRIL 2009 and it's still on my iPod, a total of 450+ hours clocked on this. In some ways, it's my favorite game of all time)

-Nova 2, probably my favorite GL game, honestly I liked the first one better, and that was my favorite game by GL for quite a while, but the second one does nearly everything better. Nova's online really hit things off for GL's now excellent online system. Nova 2 is pretty much hacker free and a blast, an amazing follow up.

-Red Conquest, by far the best RTS I've played on the iOS. My favorite genre has been RTS for many years (8?) now. This is probably the only game rts on the idevice that actually requires a lot of skill and strategy. Plenty of micro in every corner for true RTS fans. Online is also very funnnnn. Nothing like giving people a beating on a rts.

These are by no means my favorite 5 games, although they're pretty high up there on my list, but yeah I don't really have the time to go into too much detail thinking of what those could be.

Thanks for reading xD.

If anyone's familiar with how you upload pictures from the iPod to the macbook pro (just got it, clueless), I'd be happy to post some screenshots of my folders if anyone's interested.

13. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    Wow. According to iTunes, I have a 1099 apps (including iPhone & iPad).

And honestly, I believe the majority of those are paid apps.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Check your purchase history xD. Just add all the totals of each page and you'll have a sum of everything. Clocking a little over $1500 right now.

15. kemsiro

kemsiro Member

Dec 26, 2010
    my first two pages alone (in total of 19 pages) are already $450 n.n

16. iStephen

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    This includes music.

I'm in the process of calculating, it might take a while. ;)

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #17 backtothis, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    Ah, figured it out (reference to my post a few spaces above). Here's what I have on my iPod at the moment. There's a bunch of hidden apps though since the folders only display nine. Lacking the time to upload a picture for each folder right now though, heh. This is about 1/3 of my whole collection. I delete a game as soon as I'm done so you might notice some good titles missing. Of course, some games can't ever be finished (online, rts, casual, some puzzles), so you might notice some old ones. Anyways, these are my unstarted/unfinished games, that I feel I will want to play. All the crappy new games I buy get deleted instantly.

Attached Files:

18. MrThreeCats

MrThreeCats Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Jesus, is your iPod 128GB or something? I have only 4 folders filled up with games on my iPod 8GB and that takes up pretty much all the space on my iPod.

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I have a 32gb. The settings say I have 215 apps synced currently. Well, like I said, I delete games as soon as I'm done. I usually aim for single player Gameloft games first along with other heavy memory single player games that can be completed.

20. iStephen

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    Well you beat me. As of July 28, 2008, I have spent $888.46 (including apps/music). I guess that's not toooooo bad considering it's been over 2.5 years. I guess. :p