Laserdisc gunfighting game.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by moviecouple, Apr 10, 2010.

1. moviecouple

moviecouple Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I would have sworn they released one of the old laserdisc style gunfighting games for the iPhone... Like Dragon's Lair or Space Ace.

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Wrong category, but they released 2 so far (Space Ace and Dragon's Lair) as well as a new one (something about some cat... I forget).

3. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Mad Dog was supposed to arrive after Space Ace but nothing more if it has ever been heard of (that I know anyway).

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Banjo the cat was released before SA or DL

5. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    It says in the dragons lair game that mad dog mccree would be on the app store later this month, that was when dragons lair was released which was about 5 months ago I think

6. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    It also said that on the Space Ace game which was released ages ago too.

7. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    They probably canned it, I would have bought it because I loved it in the arcade

8. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    the game yer looking for is called Time traveler

9. That was an odd duck, that one. It used a curved mirror to give the illusion of a hologram, though people standing off to the side couldn't see a damn thing. Also, the acting in that game was worse some of the worst ever.

10. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    According to their (Digital Leisure's) Twitter, Mad Dog McCree is still going to be released for the iPhone. The question is... when?

They first started talking about it in November, and I've been bugging them monthly through twitter as to when it's going to come out. The latest thing they posted was "@ Ham_Tyler @ CR123A - We're just putting the finishing touches on Mad Dog McCree...As soon as more details are available we'll post it!"... However, they've said something like that every month since November, so... who knows. I'm sure it will come out... eventually.

11. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
  12. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    #12 Revolutionary Concepts, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
    I'm undoubtedly biased but if it's not it should be :D
    That said a little birdy told me that later this month there could be a way everyone might get a chance to play the game that alongside Dragons Lair and Space Ace is one of the all time best laser disc games ever made.

But I've said too much :p

13. space kitty

space kitty Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Please tell me you're talking about Cliff Hanger!??!! I loves me some Cliff Hanger...

14. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Due to the Lupin trademark being a big part of Cliff Hanger, I highly doubt that's coming to us anytime soon. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's hinting at Road Blaster/Road Avenger, which is about 10 times better than Cliff Hanger. Either way, we can't lose!

15. space kitty

space kitty Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009

That would still be pretty cool, even though I've played Road Blaster to death on the Sega CD & PSX :)

16. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Oh please sweet jesus let it be Road Avenger, that would be an instant buy from me. I played that thing on my Sega CD sooooo many times back in the day I could even complete hard mode (which removed all the onscreen prompts). It was a little like a Manga version of Mad Max... love it!!!

17. Doesn't mean Cliff Hanger still wouldn't be cool. That was the first laserdisc game I played so it's got some nostalgic value to me. I've never been into anime so I had no idea where the animation was from (didn't find that out 'til several years ago), I just liked the game.

'Course, then I got into Space Ace and forgot all about it in the arcades. :)

18. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Dragon's Lair II?

Heh, just joking. I will, guaranteed, instabuy any old school laserdisc game sold on the app store, so in some ways, whatever game you're referring to is kind of irrelevant.

That being said, with the above cryptic comment, I must say that I'm with the people here that are hoping for Road Blaster. If not that, my guess would be either Thayer's Quest/Super Don-Quixote or (since Rev. Concepts did Cobra Command), maybe M.A.C.H. 3 or Fire Fox would be more likely (though I'd assume some licensing issues with Fire Fox)? Cliff Hanger would be incredibly cool, but I know licensing issues have been holding up any kind of new release/home versions of that game forever. Though I'm really looking forward to Mad DogMcCree, I hope that's not the game Rev. Concepts are referring to. I'm sure that one will be coming out sooner or later, but a "surprise" old school laser disc game this month would be amazing.

Any "hot/cold" comments Revolutionary Concepts? :)

19. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Err today was pretty hot but tomorrow is expected to be cold, possibly a good day to stay inside and play games - actually any day is a good day to play games right? :p

More weather forecasts later this month ;)

20. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Well played sir, well played. :cool: