Music Sync Problems

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TiltMyTouch, May 12, 2011.

1. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Unrelated to games or anything, but I have this annoying issue and I'm hoping some of you have an answer.

For about the last week or so, my iTunes has been screwing up my syncs when it comes my music. When I go to some albums, tracks are out of order. When I go to another album, the album picture is not there. And then there are albums that are split into two; when I go to the album, there are two listings for the same album, each with different songs from the album. Basically, iTunes totally screws up my music into mass chaos.

Anyone have any solutions?

2. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
  3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    1) Sync your device
    2) Delete all your music via iTunes, Sync again.
    3) Using iPhone Explorer or Disk Aid (or other program)
    3a) Browse to Meda/iTunes_Control/Music
    3b) Delete all files left within the directories F00, F01, F02, etc.
    4) Put all your music back on the device.

This of course works best if you have iTunes set to Manage Music & Videos manually. Also I'm assuming you have all your music on your computer. If not, you may have to find a utility to pull it off the device first.

If this doesn't get it - backup your device, then restore from your backup and sync (and/or put your music back on manually.)

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I unchecked an album lately but it won't uninstall. It just stays on the device.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think Apple is concentrating more on the app side than the music side. I personally find it better to use iPhone explorer and manually install music, videos than to use iTunes. Or, if using iTunes, I manually drag and drop. I know it does not work well with large numbers of things (due to hassle factor), but no problems so far with weird glitches.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Set iTunes to Manually Manage Music / Video, then highlight the album/song under your device in iTunes and delete it.

7. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Tried what drelbs suggested but it didn't work. I have fixed this problem, however. If you have this problem, all you have to do is go to the affected songs, go to their info, and re-type in everything.