Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I have 3.7 GB free. It's hit or miss for me. Sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't.

If anyone at Mojang is reading this and there is any way I can provide diagnostic info, let me know. Clearly, I am not the only one having the problem based on the AppStore reviews and this thread.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Well it happened to me tonight. It ha kept one of my saves so my mine was still there but I was back to a dirt house instead of the upgraded cobblestone house. Weird how I couldn't get the issue to creep up. Each time I exited my save before exiting the game.

I was starting to get into that save too. It's a nice seed with islands so the world doesn't seem quite so small since the land is in smaller chunks.

Hopefully they get this fixed.

I think I may have not exited to the title the last time I played. I may play with it a bit more and see the best way to repeat the issue as well as avoid it. I think as a precaution Im going to exit the level when done and then go to the start game screen and see if the time stamp on the save is good.

My Creative save looks like how I left it.

3. blackbear219

Dec 20, 2012
    There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't no matter which way I exit the app and/or my world.

if you find any pattern to it, be sure to let us know and I'll do the same.

4. xCrusader

xCrusader Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    just wondering...did this update fix the glitch about having unlimited blocks on survival?

5. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It was just odd my creative save... no issues, but my survival one just acted like the save didn't stick. I had read the bug filled in mines and stuff... but it's more like it just doesn't update the save.

I plan to play with the game some more today and this weekend. If I figure something out I'll post about it here.

6. blackbear219

Dec 20, 2012
    It reverses the world changes that you made, but you don't lose the materials in your pockets. So technically, it does update the save file because if it don't you'd lose the materials as well.

In theory, you could probably exploit this to mine a bunch of diamond or something, quit out so it all respawns and then mine it over and over.

Also, it does update the timestamp on the save file regardless or whether it bugs out or not.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    An update just hit the store tonight that is supposed to fix a bunch of issues including the save problem. Downloading it now and I'll check it out some tonight.

8. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    Are you even sure that you're on Survival?

9. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Should i get this? My budget is $10.
    I tried out the lite version and love the zombie:)
    Is $7 worth my while? In full version?

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Generally it's a good IOS game for its price but the User Interface is lacking.

It's not possible to strafe with the Dpad unless you use the diagonal buttons when the forward and left or right should suffice enough to do it. The control scheme also needs the jump button sepperating from the middle of the movement buttons and placed somewhere else like the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Actually while I'm at it, make the left control a stick rather than a keyboard ASWD-lite thing.

Too much development for desktop, other than that the game is actually really fun I love designing houses and mining for resources so generally recommended, but not for the controls...

11. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #511 nightc1, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    I think it is well worth it.. I have no issues with the controls in the game at all. Given too that development on this version is getting some serious attention, I think it's worth it to be in even this far away from version 1. Just look how quick the update came out to fix the now short lived save bug (which I put an hour or two into and all my work has saved).

12. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Tks for the respond.
    Btw, did this game ever get discount?

13. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Nope. This seems to be one of the few ios games to be the same price it's entire time on the AppStore. There's really no reason to wait if you want to play it since its likely there will never be a sale.

-----

The Duplication item feature is still in 6.0.1. Just have a second ios device with the game on it. Make one save visible as a server and the other device connects in and have both characters open the same chest with whatever items you want to duplicate. Touch the item at the same time and it'll duplicate. Then put the items back in the chest and repeat. Works on anything. Diamonds, armor, whatever. I hooked my son up with about 60 diamonds and extra diamond armor and stuff. This is good when a world has limited natural resources.

14. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    got the game :))
    i was overblown with the possibilities...
    what can i do?
    and also, what is mob farm and herobrine?

15. xCrusader

xCrusader Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    yes im sure im on survival...before the update there is a glitch where when you put a block in the world, the block will come back in your inventory without affecting the one you placed in the world...giving you double the amount :)

16. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    So... I decided to get back in properly.
    Can any one recommend a good map that they personally found which is aesthetic and fun to explore?

17. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    What is a seed when creating a world?

18. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    A seed is actually a name of a map:)

Any pro hang around here? Got some question for u guys

19. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The seed I've been enjoying lately is: watchout

It is just a bunch of islands. Maybe it's not the best for exploration but its foot for buildings and somewhat easier to survive since there's so much water.

If anyone has questions about the game I can try and help answer them as I have time.

20. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Well, you can do a wide variety of things, even on the limits if Pocket Edition. PC Minecraft is jam packed with so much more possibilities!

You can Mine recources like Gold and iron and Diamonds, and turn them into stronger tools, and armor to defend yourself against the evil that lurks the night.

You can go Creative and build anything with your imagination.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by mon farming, if you mean breeding, well then breeding animals isn't a feature yet in Pocket Edition, and none of us are so sure when it will be available on this platform.

Herobrine isn't really a feature of Minecraft, it's more like a myth or legend that people like to play around with. The creator of the game at the time (Notch was his name) just made up a fake identity known as Herobrine, which was basically an Evil, ultimate griefing and killing anti-Steve with bright pale eyes that glow at night.

He's sorta the antichrist of the Minecraft world, even though he doesn't technically exist in plain normal Minecraft (without mods to the game)