Pokémon X / Pokémon Y

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Oct 4, 2013.

1. #1 Haruhi, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Really excited about this. Question is... X or Y? I like the legendary for Y, but I like Mega Charizard X better the Y. I'm sure which either way I go I could probably trad for them pretty easily.

3. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Toys r Us will be having a sale where you can buy 1 3DS game and another for 40% off running through the 12th. I'm gonna try to take advantage and pick up both.

4. Meslomeslo

Meslomeslo Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    I like pokemon games, wish there were more on ios.

5. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm pretty excited. A little disappointed at the apparently low new Pokemon count though (70 I think- not including mega evolutions and hidden/event Pokemon). Gotta hurry up and finish Pokemon White 2. Probably going to take advantage of the Toys'R'Us B1G1 40% off deal, as I still have a promo gift card I need to use from GTA V. Dunno if I'll keep both games- maybe sell one or give it as a gift.

:rolleyes: Lol

6. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    But even 70 would bring the number to above 700. Truthfully only 70 sounds good to me, especially if it will get rid of the clones. Every game has a Ratatta clone, a Pidgey clone a Caterpie/Weedle clone, lots of little Pikachu likes, ect. If i could have it my way there would be more (pre)evolutions in the game and less completely new Pokemon.

I think I will get both as well now that I know about the Toys R Us deal. I realized that there are now enough generations that you could play like a gym leader and have all fire/water/grass starters, so that could be cool. A team of Charmander, Cyndiquill, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig, and Fennikin sounds pretty cool (other than a Water type gym). The only problem is you can't transfer pokemon from b/w to x/y until December...

7. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    01011001!!!

8. CrystalFortress

CrystalFortress Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I ordered a physical copy of X and I'm downloading a digital copy of Y. First games I've been excited about in a while so I'm hoping they can hold my attention for a few run through at least.

9. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I hope you're all enjoying X and Y while I cry without a 3DS. I'm hoping for a black friday sale because i don't want to get a 2DS.

10. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    This game is amazing. Everything I've ever wanted from Pokemon! By the way, I suggest you all check out wonder trade, some people don't quite understand how it works, so try to get something good while you can! I traded a level 2 Bunnelby for a level 27 Spanish Trapinch! By the way, for those shiny hunters out there, breeding a pokemon from a different region (USA, England, etc.), with a pokemon from your region doubles your chances of a shiny! Happy Hunting! :D

11. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Bought X and Y at Toys R Us with the sale. Played about two and a half hours and haven't even battled the first gym leader, not because of a long intro or anything, but because I'm too stubborn to move on to the next route without catching all of the pokemon on the current one. Pikachu and Caterpie were really stubborn and wouldn't show up at all. I think I'm gonna go all fire types (any fire type pokemon) until we can transfer old pokemon over, then I'm going all fire starters for my *main* team, but I'll still use others occasionally.

12. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Got Pokemon Y myself and so far its pretty good just managed to beat the 3th gymleader and finaly got the mega evolution the only down side is that we will have to wait till december to put over the pokemon from black and white

13. CrystalFortress

CrystalFortress Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Ye people put rubbish on the wonder trade , I've been putting up some decent stuff up and occasionally I get something I wanted. There's people got there with Gengar , Golem and Frogadier because of me (multiples of all).

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I got Y. About 20 hours in, but only have 2 badges. Been catching every Pokemon I see (except for evolutions- unless you need to breed for the pre-evolution (Pikachu, Wobbufett)). Spending all of my ingame money on pokeballs. Already have over 100 Pokemon.

15. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Just FYI the game seems to have a nasty bug when saving on Lumiose City that makes the game freeze on load and forces you to restart.

It didnt happened to me but i read it on reddit.. On the same topic the op said he found a solution for the problem so I'll leave it here for anyone who suffers this to try to save the file.

Step 1: Load your game.
    Step 2: As the game loads wait for the music to start.
    Step 3: Mash the home button until it works.

Other users in the thread said that it actually helped them load the game so thats that. They said it only happens when saving outside a building in the city but for me is better not to save on lumiose city at all.

16. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Patch was released over the eshop. No more save bug and some bug fixes with the gts.

Anyone have a Ditto with its hidden ability? I really want to breed an infiltrator Crobat.

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Is anything new in this game or is it the same game that has already been released 10 times before?

18. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    If you used to love pokemon but haven't played the last few generations, this is THE game to get back into. It's especially nice if you have a lot of friends with the game due to the social aspect. I just bought a 3ds for this game, plus the fact that I have like 30 friends who also have the game.

19. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I finally caved and got a 3DS XL -.- I didn't even last two weeks.

Just beat the grass gym leader. First thing I did when i got to the first gym was get the event torchic (soft reset for adamant) and super train it in attack and speed. It took a while. Anyway, it's nice being back in the pokemon scene.

20. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    The formula is more or less the same. That being said, X/Y is the best Pokemon game since Heartgold/Soulsilver. If we don't count remakes, I'd say since Gold/Silver or maybe Ruby/Sapphire. Point is, I like it way more than the original DS games (D/P/Pl-B/W-B2/W2).