iPad Oasis: Path to Redemption Action RPG by Steve Uy (World Without End, Avengers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by steveruy, Dec 19, 2013.

1. steveruy

steveruy Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Comic book guy/ game creator/director
    NY
  2. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    On sale for $0.99 this week only (1/12-1/18), get it while it's cheap!

3. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Hi Steve,

Is this game likely to remain IAP free?

Some mixed views so far it seems but visuals look fantastic.

Interested to hear any plans you have for the game.

Thanks in advance

4. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    As far as I know, all the issues that were ever mentioned with the game has been addressed with version 1.0.1, which was released just after the itunes shutdown ended a week after the game's release. All the review sites reviewed the game in its version 1.0.0 state. So far it looks like only half the people who purchased the game actually updated it, so it's hard to tell if there are any other issues with the current version. So far we haven't heard much, if any, complaints about version 1.0.1, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

As for IAP, we are preparing an update to add some IAP in the game. None of it is necessary, of course, since this is a premium game, but it's there for people who like to customize their game. None of the IAP are consumable, once you buy anything, it becomes part of the game permanently, and there is a toggle in the settings to allow you to turn them on or off so you won't ever be able to break the original game's balance.

Some of the IAP we are looking to include are:
    -EXP modifiers: Not really necessary considering how generous the game is with EXP acquisition, but this is always an obligatory inclusion.
    -Additional Lives/ unlimited lives
    -Relaxation Mode: basically invincibility
    -Unlock extras: unlocks the game's ending bonuses... again, obligatory but unnecessary.
    -Hardcore Mode: this is the one that should interest most players who beat hard mode. This mode gives you FULL Time restoration with every cleared stage, now THAT'S hardcore!

If there's any other IAP you'd like to see, please let me know asap. We still have time to include it in the next update if it sounds like a good idea.

5. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
  6. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    Oasis will be on sale this week (October 3- 13) for 99 cents to celebrate the release of our newest game, Evil Brown Eggs!

7. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    On sale again. Bought it and am liking it. The art and ludicrous are great. It kind of feels like a rogue like I'm that dying is to be expected and is even anticipated, but you don't lose it all when it happens.