Game review

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Viking Spirit, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Viking Spirit

Viking Spirit New Member

Jun 8, 2014
    #1 Viking Spirit, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    Hi Guys! :D

I would like to hear what you all think of my latest project?

This is my new game app called happy puppy which I have created in hope to replace the former popular flappy birds game. Now happy puppy is about controlling the dog and switch from traffic lane to traffic lane in order to avoid getting caught from the dog catchers and reach a long distance as you possible can.

Up in the corner of your screen there will be a counter that counts how long you get without getting caught and you can submit your score to game center or Facebook to compete with your friends, share results and see who can reach the longest distance?

There are also some bonus icons you can collect in order to make it easier for yourself to get a bit further.

If this game have your interest please head over to my Facebook page and support me and also check out the game which can be found on the page with a link to the shop. The game is available for both iPhone and iPad there also be a up coming android version but for more news and features please head over to the page and follow to get the latest news and updates.

And I would also be happy if you would leave a review on my game and if you would like to share my page with your friends so we can reach out to more people?

Thank you for your time :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Happy-Puppy/255585637959912?ref_type=bookmark

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Hello and welcome to TA, first off let me say that it takes a lot of hard work to create a game and most of us can only dream of doing that. That said TA has a lot of developers that regularly give out free promo codes for their games to get feedback and maybe spread the word.

Also it's not uncommon for someone to hold a contest that offers a iTunes gift card to a random member for trying and leaving reviews in the store.

I think you may find it difficult to get people here to part with their $$ to try and review a game that's
    (1) unknown
    (2) not free
    Lastly asking for 5 star reviews is a bad way to go, let people decide for themselves if it's worth that rating. I wish you luck and I will purchase your game and leave a review as well as feedback here just cause I know how hard the AppStore can be to small devs

3. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Well said/written dreadnok!

Dev;
    I went to the Facebook page and watched the video you posted. Also, I noticed that people are asking you for a demo of the game.
    The video shows that the dog is continually going forward and then switching lanes to avoid on coming vehicles.
    My question is; is there more to the game? Power ups? Does the background scene change? Do the vehicles change? Does it get harder?
    If you want more interest in your game, I would suggest showing some of these things on the video, if the game has them.
    There are a lot of games out there with a similar concept. Changing lanes, avoiding vehicles, runners. What is it that stands out or is different about your game? I would love to know.

4. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I don't really use facebook so I can't watch it, so you are better off embedding a video into the thread.