New Forum: Developer Services and Trade

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by arn, Mar 3, 2009.

1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    So, we'll see how this goes. There have been requests for a services/trade sub forum that allows people to recruit others for projects and what not.

For now, I'd ask these be one-on-one requests. We'll see how this goes. This forum is appropriate for anyone related to iPhone development, including programming, publishing, artists, sound to ask for help or assistance.

Not allowed: offers for beta testing, reviews, ad sales, or anything not really related to iphone app production

arn

ZombieKillerNOLA likes this.
  2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Can we say we are beta testers in this forum?

3. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Sounds like a great idea. Hope it works

4. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Yea, now for a offical Promo code section forum for TA!! lol

5. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    hehe. i knew something was up when i saw a forum with 1 thread
    sounds good
    seems like xiao can finally have his team

6. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    we'll give this forum some more front page exposure soon too

arn

7. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    #7 Adams Immersive, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
    Good idea. I know some people who aren't on here who would love to "complete the team" on some iPhone projects. I should send them here.

Meanwhile, putting the cart WAY before the horse and hoping that one day I have an iPhone game of my own to test... is this the best place to ask FOR beta testers? (I think of that as being part of production, to the extent that early testers--alpha?--can affect game play and style.)

8. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    sure, developers can ask for beta testers. in fact, I think that even works in the gaming forum where I've seen those sort of posts already.

arn

9. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Cool--makes sense. (That other forum may work better anyway since it's frequented by... gamers :) )

10. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I would love to do some artwork for devs. I made a character for Bullet Skater but my scanner is still on the fritz :(... It's always been so good to me. I just do cartooney stuff, I hate drawing people and objects. I think drawing characters that I can imagine is better than drawing any real object

11. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for doing this Arn, I think it will be very helpful in bringing artists/coders/musicians/publishers together.

12. silicon1138

silicon1138 Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Music for games/apps

Hi and thanks for starting this section.
    I'm a newly registered member here but have been visiting the site for several months. It's a great place and i'm delighted to see so many dev's popping in and out.

I've been writing and releasing records for about 18 years and have a wealth of material, mainly house music and electro. The past 12 month though i've been writing lots of soundtrack material - totally different from what i normally release, covering all sorts of different styles from classical/orchestral, industrial atmospheric, all very filmic etc etc. Anyway, i keep hearing really weak and inappropriate (i feel) music in iphone games and thought i'd drop into see if what i do would be of interest to anyone out there looking for some music for what they are working on.

You can hear a tiny selection of my more well known work on my myspace site http://www.myspace.com/carlfinlow
    There's also a free 1 hour podcast on there of a megamix of some of my house music i've done over the last few years, including pieces from my next unreleased album. I also keep discovering things i've done uploaded onto youtube, so you can hear some by searching for my pseudonyms like voice stealer, silicon scally, random factor, il.ek.tro

There is no soundtrack material online so far, but if anyone is interested they can contact me directly and i can arrange for you to receive mp3's.

Once again, i think it's a great idea you've set this section up.
    Let's get together!

Kind regards,
    Carl.

13. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Ah even in this bad economy, gaming and developers continue to thrive. Who said there are no jobs to be had? Take a look at this forum!

14. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    No CDubby! I will not look at this forum...ever! Quit telling me what to do:eek:

15. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    I also wanted to mention that I am always looking for artists for concept design and cover art, not necessarily in game animations...yet :eek:

Send me a PM if you, or someone you know, is interested in working with me on this.

16. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I'm in the opposite boat...I'm currently looking for a cost effective solution providing quality menu animations for my upcoming title.

17. Will_Mobile_Pie

Will_Mobile_Pie Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Creative Producer @ Mobile Pie
    Bristol, UK
    I'm a bit confused if this is for ad hoc volunteer teams or bussinesses, but Mobile Pie offer competitive rate outsourcing for art and code as well as full bespoke apps. We've worked with the likes of Hewlette-Packard and the BBC, so are full of experience :D

18. Injoit

Injoit Member

What category to choose

Sorry for the offtopic, but I need your advice:

Want to post useful info of our universal web services suite for iPhone apps development (mob1serv.com), But don't know actually where to place a thread here at TA to avoid ban. Can you please give any advice?

Thanks.

19. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Since your services supports iPhone development, you can post a thread in this Developer Services section.

20. Injoit

Injoit Member