Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but can everything be unlocked without the need of purchasing IAP?

2. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    it can all be unlocked in single player, and the iap is only for unlocking everything for MP, you can earn it all in single player.

3. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I'm on iPad 2, look under my name, and i have a 3d TV 1080p 240hz and on my TV it looks damn great... on my ipad it looks like colored mud... everything from map, portraits and characters when theyre talking... the only thing that looks good are the units and even then they look a bit pixelated... NOTHING like the ps3 version which looks miles better

4. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Really fun game, definitely worth the price.

I also had problems with the Godric screen above, which is where I learned you navigate via swiping, not by tapping nodes. This wasn't obvious to me.

Only issue I'm consistently having is finding the tap zones for entering nodes on iPhone 5. I suspect they're miniscule, and there's no cue for where to tap. Double-tapping usually works, but also clears resource dialogs before I can read them.

The small zone also makes it damned difficult to remove units from a column, and makes me misdrag a lot. I'd kill for an undo, as I've screwed myself over in battles multiple times with one misdrop.

Still, one of the best puzzle-RPG hybrids in a long time, and very convenient to have on my phone. I just hope they figure out a way to make tapping work better on the retina screen.

5. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    did anyone let these issues known to this games port devs? I would point them to this forum thread sounds like there is alot of patching that needs done..

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks. Not interested in multiplayer, just wanted to make sure I could get the full experience before I started campaign.

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    What's this skirmish mode and can you play multiplayer with a AI?

8. Mfox76

Mfox76 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    I guess I just don't get this game. Obviously people are enjoying it , but after about an hour I find no fun it for me, so I just freed up the 1.9gb and consider it a personal lesson learned on what game types to avoid in the future.....

9. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hi Paul from Tag here - we did the port for Ubisoft.

I can't say much as Ubi are handling all the press and so forth for the game, however I just wanted to thank you for your feedback in the thread so far and suggestions for improving the game. We are watching and taking note.

thanks
    Paul

PS I can't believe people are complaining about the load times! The console load times are lonnnnnng and in my own personal opinion one of the only negatives of those versions of the game. We are really proud of how much art and other large assets we are loading in such a short time. I would have imagined that everyone would have appreciated you're spending longer playing and less time looking at a loading screen

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Loading times are no problem with me but less lag would be a plus to fix for touch 4 and the weird time that I have played.

11. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I haven't seen any problems with the load times ._. and yeah on PS3 they're a bit long, but I never noticed the load times here...

when i can't remember staring at a loading screen, its a very good thing and honestly I don't remember any here ._. so i don't see why anyone has to complain...

BTW the part in which Godric tells you to go to camp and then you find the first demon, you could add on the first screen which tells you to tap a node the fact that you can swipe too, so ppl don't keep getting stuck there :)

Other than that, tnx for porting this :D it's been my numer 1 psn game on my wishlist for ipad :D

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Actually I take that back. Just read 'Asyncronous' and that's music to my ears! I take it the Full Battle Modes IAP is all ill need or do I need to pick up all the factions packs too?

13. X-Spitfire

X-Spitfire Member

Dec 31, 2012
    This and iCloud sync which I can't get to work. Other than that, it's a great game. Good job.

14. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #234 Delusionaltool, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    awesome, welcome to the thread!... great game loving the port the less load times are nice. Now just some bugs and things to fix for a perfect game :).

and off topic, NI NO KUNI:Wrath of the white witch on ps3 is UHHHMAZING if you like JPRGS you owe your self to get this game its LEVEL 5 and Studio Ghibli collaboration , its like playing a anime!

15. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    First bug encountered. Now when I start the game it never leaves the "Syncing iCloud" screen. Ugh.

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Honestly? The load times are too SHORT! Yes, I said too short. When a tip is on the screen and it loads before you can read it it means the load time too TOO DARN SHORT!

17. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The complete iap pack is now only 2.99. So much better price!

18. bizzy511

bizzy511 Active Member

Mar 30, 2012

the part when godric tells you to go to camp was pretty frustrating for me. i didn't see a node and did not know you could swipe instead. THANK YOU!

19. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Paul,

May we ask what is the next items you are working on? There quite a few bugs I have found already and some are quite frustrating. Multiplayer I choose units but then I get different ones, my item isn't what I choose, graphical glitches and the sound doesn't work a lot of the time. Oh, and have a multiplayer game going but when it goes to show their turn, just stops half way though and I can't take my turn.

Thanks

20. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yup exactly what happens to me. Did you start playing on a 2nd device? You can remove and reinstall but it'll hang again at that spot if you play on another device.