iPad Fantasy Adventure (by USERJOY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 3, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    You don't have nothing to be sorry for we have different taste but you have good opinions it wasn't like you were bashing the game. You give good insights to a bunch of games. So yea your not a idiot you have a belief and good for you to stick with it :)

2. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    I did get a little heated with DaviddesJ, though, but thanks :)

3. Budbringer

Budbringer New Member

Jan 19, 2013
    #83 Budbringer, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    Just got the game to my iPhone. Its super cool. I run with Charlotte, Roland, Bright Moon and William. Is it possible to check how much healing power my healer(cleric) have? I can only see attack power on her.
    And what are combo rate? Do my attacks have a chance to do more dmg/multiple attacks goes off when only one are suppous to or something like that?

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Collect coins and upgrade your attack or heal with the healer.

5. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I don't know if the Healer's "Attack" stat is really her healing power.
    Note that she cannot equip normal attack items, and that there is a special item that says "+healer attack" and can only be equipped by healers.

Combo rate is the chance to trigger more than one attack. I have seen some pretty crazy stuff, like Roland attacking 7-10 times in a row. But it doesn't happen that often that you can rely on it. I did not try using one of the "increase combo rate" items yet, if the effect is more pronounced then.

6. staffordling

staffordling Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    The graphics are great and it runs so smoothly!

7. -Dominic-

-Dominic- New Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Finally, I have completed the whole game, including the 2 bonus treasure hunts at the end of the game. It was totally worth my time and effort. Even after completing this game, I'm still unwilling to put down this game; I'm redoing the game with an entirely different team to level up and discover the other skills that they have.

If anyone is looking for a 'guide' or spoiler of some sort, here it is.

Firstly, the team that I used to thrash the last part of the game is Roland, Charlotte, Liliana and Aunas. But before that, I have to say that getting Liliana and Aunas is totally worth it. Aunas has the ability Knight's Path, which decreases his hp, but greatly (yes, really greatly) increases his defence and attack. Liliana does some decent damage, but what is worth most is her Mageborn. The special ability SIGNIFICANTLY increases the attack speed and damage of the team members. By estimation, with the special ability, the team can take out a boss around 10 times faster.

Digressing for a moment here, the way I used to get the cash to hire Aunas and Liliana (100k each), is by spamming the second treasure hunt. I know it might seem a little boring and tiring, again, getting Liliana and Aunas is worthwhile.

While fighting a boss level at the last stage, I simply summoned Liliana's Mageborn and triggered her special ability. I threw Roland and Aunas in front and with some healing and buffs, that's it, the boss is dead.

I think that's it for now. If anyone wants anymore spoilers or tips and tricks, reply to my message and I will try to help.

Dominic.

8. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    What are your thoughts? Is it possible to finish all stages, including the treasure hunts, without Aunas & Liliana?
    While I bought both, I stayed away from them so far, because my first impression was that they will make the game too easy. And from your comment it looks like I was right.

9. -Dominic-

-Dominic- New Member

Jan 23, 2013
    It is possible. Personally, I have done so with Roland, Charlotte, Margaret and Night Wind. Roland acts as the meatshield, while Night Wind's attack speed does significant amounts of damage as well. Margaret's Mageborn's special ability increases the attack speed of all allies, if I am not wrong, which is quite useful in combo with Roland's Crusader's Vow and Night Wind's Berserk.

Anyways, why aren't you giving Aunas and Liliana a try? You have already spent 200k on hiring them, I suppose. Actually, they aren't as good as you think. Aunas is made for having high attack and defense, but low health and noobish skills. He has 4 offensive skills and only 1 that improves combo rate. The other one is of course his Mageborn.

Liliana, on the other hand, has very little attack and defense. Most of her skills are only meant to be used against large hordes of enemies. However, her Mageborn is the best among all 8 in the game.

You should give them a try. They aren't actually overpowered, but they are powerful and it can be really fun to play with.

Dominic.

10. anwar79

anwar79 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Hey how do you guys accumulate 200K anyways. Even the IAP offers like 80K right ? How much monet does later levels drop if youre grinding. I'm only on the 3rd world with the mushrooms and level only drop around 1-2.

At least theres no premium currency like crystals and the ilk so I'll give them that. Since I had at least 2 hours entertainment out of it, I'm feeling a little obligated to drop at least a couple of bucks. But slightly concerned they will make IAP stuff worse (hope not).

Btw thanks for all the info you guys are sharing.

11. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Yes, I got both Aunas and Liliana, and gave the two a try yesterday.
    Liliana I do not like at all, she just does not fit my playstyle with her AoE attacks.

Aunas made a better impression, and I liked playing with him because you can set him up to do insane single-target damage. He is lvl20 currently, with a lvl6 weapon; with all skills set to improve his attack (I can post my setup later), he has over 900 base attack. His first skill more than doubles his attack for 20 seconds, and has a cooldown of 13 seconds, so I can use it constantly. Only downside is that he is quite squishy because one of the passive skills that raises his attack&defense also lowers his HP.

I currently use Roland, Nightwind, Nightfang, Charlotte. They first 3 deal great single-target damage, and I just move them from enemy to enemy. For crowd control I have their lvl25 skills.

But I want to do some leveling for a different party setup, so I might throw both Aunas and Liliana in there; mainly to see if Liliana's Mageborn special is really that good.
    Question: Did you try stacking her special with skills/items that increase combo chances on the other characters? If yes, how does that turn out? E.g. with her special active, do you get combos every attack?

And yes, the Archers' Mageborn Special increases attack speed for the whole party.

You're welcome. Since FAQs / guides aren't very popular for iOS games, I usually end up posting my information here.
    In the beginning, 200k looks like a lot, but you will end up earning a huge pile of money. I bought the 420k gold IAP, for the same reason you state: showing my appreciation for the game and the work the developers put into it. My total gold currently is 4 million. So need to worry, you will get enough later; and spend it all as well ;)
    With my party around level 27, the second treasure hunt - as Dominic wrote - is a good source of income, ~15k per run. I can do the third one, but I need to be way more careful and pay more attention; and still, most of the time one of the characters dies. I guess around level 30 it will get easier.

12. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #92 Sheinfell, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Question about level grinding

And next question:
    Which stage(s) do you play to level up your party?
    My impression is that it takes really long to get a levelup once you are past lvl20, even with the +40% exp item equipped. I need to verify this, but think that I need to do the 2nd treasure hunt ~10 times to get from lvl27 to lvl28.
    Will check later and note down how often I need to do it to get someone from lvl20 to lvl21.

13. nateparfait

nateparfait Active Member

Jan 29, 2013
    #93 nateparfait, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    If you dont mind i would like to ask you by the second treasure hunt - do you mean The Legend of Nightshade Ch.2? Dont that cost 4k per run? How do you earn ~15k per run?

In addition to that, i would want to know - you said aunas first skill x2 his attack for some duration, but it doesnt appear to me that its a buff.

Oh and whats the highest tier equipment? Tier 7?

14. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Sorry, should have said that more clearly; I just used Dominic's name for it.
    So yes, "second treasure hunt" is the "The Legend of Nightshade Ch.2" .

About the ~15k per run: That is after deducting the ~4k you need to access the level.
    Did you notice that you can destroy things like rocks or crates in some screens?
    If you get all those destructibles, and all survive (if one or more of your chars die, you lose on treasure box at the end), you get 5 or 6 reward "boxes" for Nightshade Ch.2 .
    At least one of them always contained a lvl5 or lvl6 item for me, with a sell price of 5k and up. Add ~10k you get in gold, and you end up anywhere between 15k-25k in reward. Substract the 4k you pay for the level, and you arrive between ~10k and ~20k profit per run.

The skill description says it has a duration of 20 seconds, and power modifier of x2.1 (at skill level 3, I think) ; and if I see it right, he does way more damage with the skill active than without.

Don't know. My highest tier is 7, and I can still upgrade those. Give me a few hours, and I can at least answer if there is a tier 8.

15. nateparfait

Jan 29, 2013
    Heh okay! thanks for your reply!

Love the info you gave. Hmm as for the Treasure Hunt Ch.2, i only got accessories like tier 3-4. Still i make about 10k. I think the more you advance into the game, the reward drops get better excluding the coin amount.

I just defeated Nightshade Treasure Hunt Ch.3, going to clear 2 more continent to finish the game.

16. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Whoops, just managed to beat the final boss (Sagittarius) with only Nightwind and Nightfang...
    Both Roland and Charlotte died within the first 30 seconds or so against him, because I could not move them out of the way fast enough.
    Nightwind & Nightfang then ran the show alone, and surprisingly I won without any major problems; I did not even need to use any of the items I brought along.
    This worked because they both have Lifedrain on their skills (regaining health when damaging an enemy). Sagittarius doesn't move while charging his skill. Everytime he used it, I moved the two Nights behind him and had them hack away, loading up the health they lost in his normal attacks.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When you use certain skills, your character does not move for a few seconds. This can be incredibly dangerous when you are standing on the receiving end of an enemy skill; this is what killed Charlotte & Roland in the above scenario.

From the ending, I see quite some potential.
    No idea if the developer reads here, but the hints of further story immediately made me think of an RPG in this setting, taking place in the aftermath of Sagittarius' defeat. Also, there is a hint that there are more ...things... around, opening up further possible storylines.

17. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Store and max. item tiers

So tiers go at least up to 8 for weapons & armor. I still need to see if there are more tiers after that.
    The highest items (things for the bottom slot) I got so far are tier 4; and you cannot increase their tier with money like for armor/weapons, you need to find or buy them.

What I noticed is that the store does not seem to offer any weapons/armor past tier 6, and no items past tier 4, at least till now. Maybe that changes again when I reach level 30 (almost there with Charlotte, and 3 others close behind).

18. nateparfait

Jan 29, 2013
    Hopefully tier 8 is the final tier. I would want to upgrade the final weapon. I wish i could see Aunas original sword. Its amazing.

I find that past the magic academy, the Roland, Charlotte, Night Fang, Night Wind combination seems to be weaker as my weapon/armor stayed at tier 6. Oh i want to ask what accessories do you use Sheinfell?

19. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #99 Sheinfell, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Still don't know if there is a tier past 8; spent a big bunch of money on upgrading Claude's skills, so I am rather low on funds at the moment.

UPDATE: Tier 8 seems to be the final one. I just upgraded Roland's weapon to tier 8+5, and cannot upgrade it to another tier. The "Star" upgrade icon is now greyed out for that weapon.

Did you upgrade their skills as well? I am still doing quite well with them on the normal levels, but got my butt kicked all over the place in Nightshade Ch.4 . But then, noone was level 30 yet, and only Roland had equipment >tier6 .
    The big downside is that I have to be really careful when enemies unleash skills. E.g. the skills of the last enemy (Colossus) in Nightshade Ch.3 can one-shot any of the four.

Accessories:
    The +exp items, to level my folks faster :)

When I tried Nightshade Ch.4, I used the "+Cleric Attack" for Charlotte, and the best "+Attack" Rings I had.
    I prefer to enhance a character's strengths, instead of trying to compensate for their weaknesses. Example: I did not notice much difference between having 300 and 400 defense, so I don't use the +Def item on a character with low base Def. Raising Attack from ~950 to ~1100 makes more sense to me.
    From what I know, Roland, Nightwing & Nightfang should profit most from "+Combo Rate" items, while Aunas could use a "+Attack Speed" item, as he is rather slow.
    Need to save up a bunch of money for upgrading those items and play around a bit.

20. nateparfait

Jan 29, 2013
    I have been using +Cleric Attack for Charlotte but my Aunas/Night Fang/Night Wind are using +Combo items. I see you talked about +Attack speed item, i don't see there is any. Am i missing it out? I don't think +Attack rings are better than the +Combo items as you will notice that the characters not doing much combo and it slows down the pace.