Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm going through episode 3 at the moment. I think they're the 15 best-spent bucks in the last months. The story is amazing!

From what I've read, the ending is more or less the same independently of the choices. The real grab is that the story flows one way or another according to the choices. I really want to play again to make different choices to the ones I've made. The game is simply amazing. I was lucky that ep1 was released for free, because I wouldn't have known the awesomeness of the story if it hadn't been free.

2. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Never been a big fan of zombie games, but I really like this game. I´m considering buying Ep. 2-5 for $15. How much gameplay hours does Ep. 2-5 have?

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Each episode should take 2+ hours to complete.

4. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Thanks for your reply! How much I want to buy it, I'm still on the fence about buying it. I don't have much left on my ID, so I think I'll wait for a price discount, or more likely, that I'll buy a new iTunes card soon.

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Im halfway through episode 4 and its really a truly captivating experience, the choices you face, the characters, the writing, everything is top notch here. A serious contender for my personal goty, right up there with XComm as the most enjoyable experiences I had this year.

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Just played through the first episode. Never thought I'd like any point and click adventure, but holy hot damn, this is awesome!!! Definitely considering buying the rest of the episodes, I just wish it had widescreen support. Anyone know if there's any plans to add it?

7. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    No idea if they plan to or not cause they're busy making season 2 but go for it it'll be the best money ever spent on iOS

8. mejjos

mejjos Cancelled

Jul 26, 2012
  9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
  10. xCloudStrifez

xCloudStrifez Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Just completed the PC version , really really superb storyline .

There is a little twist at the ending compared to the usual games.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  12. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    What an oddly written review...:confused:

It sounds kind of like he dug it, but felt it was horribly flawed? Again, really odd.

I don't have anything officially capable of running the game, but I actually downloaded the first episode when it went free, simply because I couldn't resist at least trying to play it...:eek:

Considering the requirements, I've actually been pleasantly surprised with how well it runs.

As for the save piece, I don't think I would ever have picked up on the "problem." It's an episodic game, and thus needs to be played as such.

More saves, imho, would be just be extraneous.

What an odd review.

DBC

13. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Everyone go vote this GOTY in the GOTY thread,the voting closes on the tenth

14. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Kotaku isn't exactly......fond of iOS devices. Their weekly round up of apps is always sorely lacking as well.

15. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Will season 2 be bought to iOS? I absolutely loved ep. 1 - 5, it has to be one of the best games I've ever played, voted for GOTY, can't believe it's only rated 3.5 stars on App Store, they should invent a sixth star just for this game!

16. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Most likely. Season 1 I'm assuming did well in the app store so I doubt they would leave us out.

17. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Walking Dead: The Game is a nominee for TA Forum's Game of the Year!

VOTE HERE
    Developers cannot vote for their own game.

18. belboz

belboz Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Help on episode 4

I am having issues continuing on Ep. 4. Ive attempted to find my answer via walkthroughs but still havent found it. It is this:
    I cannot seem to make the jump where Molly holds her hands out. No matter when I tap the button I fall to my death :(
    Any help would be appreciated.

19. LanceAvion

LanceAvion Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Lol, Lee isn't supposed to make that jump if that's why you mean. He's supposed to go down into the sewers below.

20. belboz

belboz Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Hah Yes, I am pass that point I believe, I am where
    I got the battery have to shoot out the windows above, then molly jumps to next building, cals me chicken and holds out her hand. I must have fallen to my death a hundred times :)
    I am worried it is bugged.