Experiment Contact Book

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, May 8, 2013.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

We got our first day of sales in this morning for our new universal IOS app Contact Book. Pretty good looking presentation with an app name to die for.

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/contact-book/id584279030?l=en&mt=8

Some marketing was done and we were hoping to sell 50 apps. (Which is pretty sad to start with) This morning the result came in at 10 apps sold at .99c

200 Million devices (is that number correct?) and we sell 10 apps. Something isn't right about that ratio.

The app store at the moment reminds me of a General Store in the 1800's .
    You go in everything is locked up hidden behind cabinets. The store owner simply too scared to show off merchandise. Maybe one day someone can explain too me why Apple would treat new apps like this in a time where it is so easy to display new product digitally.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    your right expecting to sell 50 units is very sad to start with..

but then i might ask why even create an app where you think your sell 50 units with?

an address book app in general sounds not really necessary since well there is already one that comes with every phone.

sadly your app description is not helping either. a lot of blurb without giving me as a customer any facts what kind of advancement you app has in comparison to the native app

what kind of features does it have? a list would help.

then why are the screenshots so small.. a huger grey border which makes the actual screenshots of the app tiny thumbnails (on iphone appstore), who comes up with such promo screenshots?

might want to change the description and the screenshots to really highlight the benefits instead of hiding them.

btw there is one german rating speaking about wrongly rendered "mutated vowels" and the loss of contact numbers (except under iphone) if you try to correct the contact names (which then does not work either)

in general i find it very important to ask myself when i start a tool what does it make easier for my user than other apps out there. whats does it bring new to the table, what does it make better.

if you expect 50 downloads i think the idea was not worth to start in the first place.

then of course healthy expectations are good , but 50. naahh would not even bothered to startup xcode.

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Good points mr.Ugly we will work on them tonight.

It use to be any app would get you 200 downloads when first listed. Planning for 50 is a reasonable number now considering how concealed everything is now.

4. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#4 lazypeon, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    Initial user feedback:

• Typo "alos" in the description. Makes me think it's not professional
    • As a user, I don't understand why I need this. Why do I need a separate 'secret' contact list?
    • I refuse to use any contact management solution that doesn't let me sync/back-up my contacts. No idea if this does it.
    • Agreed that the screenshots are far too small on an actual device

Also, I don't know how to really put this into words, but the description wording comes across as slightly unprofessional and/or not written by a native English speaker.

That's great, but not appropriate to put in the app description.

The wording here is a little awkward. I have no idea what dealing which contacts in a 'secured organized fashion' means. The use of 'secret' is also kind of weird. Is this an app for hiding my contacts from my girlfriend/spouse?

'Active Contacts' isn't even the name of the app, though it seems like maybe it originally was. I also don't call my address book a 'contact book' or know anyone who does.

Hopefully some constructive criticism. The most glaring issue here, more than anything else, is that I don't see the value proposition after reading the description/screenshots. Why wouldn't I just prune down my existing address book, for people I don't need to talk to? The only possible use for this that I can think of is if you're engaged in illicit activity (talking to someone you shouldn't be)

5. Syndicated Puzzles

Lazypeon,

Love the feedback will improve the text

We have the name Contact Book on IOS and OSX we are build the iCloud link and the idea is to really build a strong one two punch.