Freeappaday.com Changes?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by txag2005, May 11, 2010.

1. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I follow the freeappaday twitter account as they accationally have giveaways and they've been hyping some "big changes" all day. Here are some of their recent tweets:

"I hope you are ready for some Insanity...Because we are going to start with a Bang!"

"AppInsanity Month Starts Tomorrow With Insanely Cool Apps for an Entire Month!A Game Changer!Doubt @FreeAppADay To Your Own Peril! RT That!"

Does anybody think we'll actually see something cool from FAAD or will it be pretty much the same? I know I typically find a game every week or two with their promotions that is pretty good, but otherwise, I usually don't bother downloading their promoted games. I'm wondering if maybe they have something up their sleeve that is cool or if it's just marketing hype that will amount to nothing.

Thoughts?

2. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    I don't know. They gave hints to a few of the really good games like the creeps, but I don't know.

3. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    maybe they have to step it up because of gameloft's current promotion.

4. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    yup could be anything they have delivered before though recently openfeint was on a roll last couple weeks

5. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    in their latest email one can read this (emphasis added)

So I am excited... I download most of the games as soon they appear (which is right after 9 oClock in Germany :D). But most of the games dont have a long stay on my device. lets wait for tomorrow... what else ;)

6. txag2005

Jan 24, 2010
    Without a doubt Open Feint's free game promotions are the best overall in quality. The other sites have had some gems, like Sword of Fargoal on freeappcalendar, but typically the apps pretty hit and miss.

7. txag2005

Jan 24, 2010
    Maybe the FAAD app hits the store tomorrow?

8. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    for real... FAAD has to do something to stay topnotch. as you said: openfeints promotion is since 5-10 days much greater in quality and titles than FAAD was.

9. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    Yeah true. But FAAD got the tower defense and creeps.

10. highlyrefinedpirate

Dec 25, 2009
    and chop chop :)

11. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    and now sniper vs sniper

faap, of's faap, and the others have brought me quite a few good games.

12. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Sure..., N.Y.Zombies,Plushed, iBlast Moki, Crush the Castle, puzzlequest, shift etc.....anyhow more good stuff to come especially with the faad app due this week...And did I mention that you will soon be able to send and receive text messages on iPhone or iPod touch using the faad app (July Update) and all that for free, oh and push notification is on its way as well.

Luckily we have thousands of people who understand that coming to the site everyday allows us to get the best apps, if everyone gave up the way you did, it would have been hard for us to get all the current and upcoming great titles! Patience is a great thing!

13. I like the new pretty design.

I am waiting for Zenonia 2 (or rather the end of exam week lol) to be on FAAD before I download it.
    Or any game like that will do. Puzzlequest is nice but... Unsupported.
    Best app? Sword of Fargoal.

14. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    o yea definately faad is stepping it up lately

15. highlyrefinedpirate

Dec 25, 2009
    FAAD has been killin' it in the last five days.

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Hey FAAD, any plans on hosting Fieldrunners or Space Invaders Infinity Gene before I break down and buy them? With the great stuff lately it wouldn't suprise me to see one of the 'untouchables'. :D

17. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    Follow the rules below to register your wish on the site and I've been on a hot streak lately so who knows..keep in mind that we are booked with great apps for the next 12 weeks, also the faad app comes with a special "My wish" section (see images) so your wish gets automatically tabulated and Then I go for the hunt! ;)

1. Make a comment about today's app.
    2. Never Complain For Getting a Free App for instance: Say "Not for me" instead of " It sucks".
    3. Only one wish per day.
    4. Give us your location and the Weather, example:"France, Sunny and warm"

Attached Files:

18. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i looked and i do not see the app in the app store, is faad out yet?

chris.

19. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    The app will go live this week!

20. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    hi ICS aka FAAD ;)
    the cool text message feature of the app will be US only? Most of the time these cool features are not for EU people and therefore useless for the majority of the community :(
    You had once this cool textmessaging app for free but sadly it wasnt available in german appstore at all.

Keep up the good work! Space Invaders infinite Gene would be overkill, I doubt that we will get this game ever, since Taito hasnt even done a sale on this one