MC:S Online Multiplayer - Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vinny554, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Ugh....I'm almost done beating this game! Everytime I play it I think how crazy it'd be with multiplayer!! the good news? it's coming......time to wait....

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Yup, time to wait. :/

3. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    So what modes are you want/looking forward too. Mine are: nazi zombies like thing
    co op
    team deathmatch
    some kind of capture the flag
    regular deathmatch

4. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Nowhere, CA
    yea.....................ill be waiting too.

5. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    They would be complete idiots to put nazi zombies in this. If they made a standalone nazi zombies they would make so much money

6. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    And while we're waiting...

And while we're waiting, here are a few suggestions, Gameloft, to make the multiplayer most awesome! I don't want to rag on the controls too much because I think you did a wonderful job, but there are a few VERY small suggestions that I think would make them perfect. First, instead of double-tapping the grenade icon to switch to Flash, how about you make it so we just have to double-tap to throw a flash and single-tap to throw a frag. Also, it would be great to add a prone position. I don't know how you would implement the controls for it, maybe double-tap to go prone and single-tap for crouch. You could tap once again to stand up from either position. Lastly, and most importantly...please God, speed up the movement when you are looking down the sight!!!!! Do these things, and make team deathmatch/capture the flag, etc. at the VERY LEAST 3 on 3, and the online multiplayer will be nothing short of MAXIMUM AWESOME!!!

7. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    I beat the game and now I have nothing to do but go through it again...awesome

8. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    It'll be coming out in December.

9. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    December!? WTF that's ages away! Where'd you get that info from?

10. tmcaffeine

tmcaffeine Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    #10 tmcaffeine, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
    The last thing I would ever want to see Gameloft rip off is Nazi Zombies. That is just too good and creative of a game to be butchered up by them.

On the other hand, I WOULD enjoy a good zombie FPS that it isn't just a blatant copy off something by another company.

11. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    #11 The Game Reaper, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
    From STP's preview: "Modern Combat will be updated by the end of the year " (to include multiplayer). It takes a LONG time to make a multiplayer game, seeing as Apple provides ZERO WAN support. Server costs, redoing maps, implementing matchmaking and leveling systems, the list goes on. It makes sense to release it in December from a business perspective as well, seeing as there will be a lot more shiny new iDevices looking for a good games. By then, Modern Combat will probably have a signifigant price drop by then, creating a low barrier to entry.

12. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Wasn't online multiplayer promised for Ferrari GT Evolution too?

Did that ever arrive?

13. Tesio

Tesio Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    December by the earliest would be my guess...but I wouldn't really hold my breath. Maybe if you guys drum up enough support here they will see the desire for it and fast track it.

14. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    #14 beachmusic, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
    I just notice a lot of junior posters are talking jabs at gameloft! A think some of them are indie devs in disguise as gameloft games on every genre have crushed them to smitherins, my friend who will remind nameless is so pumped up to make 'the best looking 3d fighting game' for the iphone but was crushed after seeing 'blades'. The bar is set so high it makes his graphics look like something from the stone age in comparrison! You need top notch pro to do stuff like that! He's now back to working on a new flash game instead lol!

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I thought Nazi Zombies was a total fail implementation of a potentially awesome idea to be honest, Gameloft couldn't make it any worse than it already is, it practically plays like an iPhone game anyway.

16. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Haven't bought the game yet, waiting on mulitplayer, or a price drop...Or both! :)
    Either way I want to see some counterstrike style missions...
    i.e. Only one life, disarm the bomb, and a multitude of weapons...

17. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    i thought it was awesome.

18. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    As long as they add a P90, I'll be happy.

19. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Has gameloft ever said that there will be a multiplayer update. As far as I can tell they just said that it was something they would consider. I don't think this is gonna happen.

20. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Amen to that brother! Man i played through this game once and am going through it again on normal. want multiplayer for this, hehe i'd love to see the M107 in this or the MP7 and why not the UCP? that would make the game a hell of alot crazier! oh and i'm aware that the M107 is an anti-material rifle and would be illegal to use on human targets in times of war. but it's a gam so why the hell not?