Addicted to getting game centre achievements!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Pr135ty, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Pr135ty

Pr135ty Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Student
    United Kingdom
    #1 Pr135ty, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    Recently I have been spending alot of time trying to get achievements for games that I have which use game centre (don't really use openfeint). I will look at the friends I have on my game centre and see which games are popular and see if they are worth purchasing using this forum. I used to do this alot with games I bought for my xbox but then stopped. Is this just me? Yesterday I spent all day playing games on my iphone trying to get achievements and then it came to mind I may have an addiction. Help on this issue would be much appreciated,
    Thanks

EDIT: I don't just play games to get achievements and do get alot of enjoyment out of them but achievements make them so much better!

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I don't see why it's a problem. If that's what you enjoy doing, then go for it. Not sure why you're asking for help.

3. Naorioto

Naorioto Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    You are going to die :eek:

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Long time no see man. Are you going to be getting StarFront by Gameloft? We need to catch up on our rts matches xD.

5. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    To me, achievements don't have much appeal because you can attain tons by just buying an absurd amount of games. For me, the real test of skill and what keeps me coming back are the leaderboards. Its much more fun to hold the highest score amongst friends than to go after an endless and inconsistently applied amount of achievements.

6. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

I like being top on the leader boards out of my "friends" and it's cool when you complete all the achievements for a specific game but I'm not bothered about how many I attain. (or using commas it seems)

7. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    I had recieved a friend request from you today on gamecenter. We should join up for a little achievement attaining goodness