Breach: Arena TD (3v3 strategy game) - HELP US TEST - Beta is now LIVE

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SpaceRhino, Feb 4, 2016.

1. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    #1 SpaceRhino, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    ***Join our Public Slack Channel:
    We've set up a Public Slack channel, so if you wanna hang out and chat with us, visit the link to join. It's invite only so you will have to fill out a very tiny little short form ^^

So Big Changes Incoming:

Hey guys, we want to thank everyone that participated in our beta up to now. We've been hard at work since receiving all the feedback, so here are a few things.

1. Game is Now called Breach Arena. Everyone has told us it stopped being JUST a TD game, so we decided to drop the TD.

[​IMG]

And what is Breach: Arena TD?

A new type of competitive strategy game, offers a mix of real-time strategy and tower defense gameplay. It includes features such as:

3 vs 3 Team Matches
    o Each player must defend their lane while working together to defeat the opposing team.
    o You can teleport your Hero to other lanes and use Battle Cards to attack and overwhelm your opponent or help your ally in battle.

Heroes: Player Controlled Units
    o These units receive target commands by tapping on the screen and come equipped with auto attacks, passive abilities and player-activated skills.
    o Each Hero has a unique set of skills and plays a critical role in creating the perfect strategy.

Battle Cards
    o Summon Mercenaries and powerful spells to your opponent's lane or use them as extra defense on your own lane.

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I subscribed, although I'm not available to play in the upcoming 14 hours :).

3. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Awesome, thank you Fabian. And that's perfectly ok. We'll be running the Beta until next week. There's also a play session coming up on Saturday. We do it live with our guys in our forums BreachTD.com . So come in and share your thoughts.

Also, we'll be putting out a new Beta every week so you guys can see progress from build to build as we lead up to our soft launch. So glad to have you on board and hope you enjoy our game!

4. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Just subbed. Look forward to testing.

5. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Nice, Ty WakenBake! See you in the field!

6. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Downloading now. Will give impressions within the hour.

7. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Looking forward to it!

8. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Done (eggmcguffin address) :)

9. oftheheavens

oftheheavens Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I just signed up and verified through email and am ready to beta test but didn't see where I am to download the game. I assume I will get a second email with a download code? I'll play all night if I can figure out how to get the beta hehe

10. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Hey there heavenly fellow, yes, you should receive a second email with the download link. Let me know if you don't receive it. Happy gaming, and make sure to check back in and give us your impressions!

11. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Woot! Ty Zen for signing up, good hunting!

12. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Ok, just checked in with the team. Next batch of invites goes out in about an hour or so. So hang in there :)

Also, if you have gamer friends or siblings, we recommend you sign up and play together. Since it's 3v3, its crazy fun when you get a full game going.

13. cammywrites

cammywrites New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Subscribed though I see I'm a bit late. :(

14. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Hello Cammy, not late at all. The play sessions are meant to help bring players online at the same time, but the beta will still be playable. We have another play session on Saturday :) Also, the team plays throughout the day so I'm sure you would run into us. As we get more people to join, matchmaking should improve. That said, if you aren't matched up with anyone, we still pair you up with bots after a minute; and don't be fooled, they aren't very weak, jeje.

15. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Dying for a boarding pass on this test flight!

16. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Thanks H4nd for signing up. We try to send invites in batches so you guys get on at somewhat the same time. It's way funner to play against peops. Keep an eye on your email, if you haven't yet, you should be receiving your boarding pass soon!

P.S. Remember that Saturday we have a Play Session from 1-3pm and 6-8pm EST, which is a fancy way of saying, JUST BE ONLINE AT THAT TIME FOR SOME BATTLE ROYALS!

17. dippydippyster

dippydippyster New Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Subscribed! Game looks fantastic so far, mention time zone for Saturday battles

18. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Dippy, great to have you on-board bud! Saturday battles will be from 1-3pm EST and 6-8pm EST. See you out in the field! look for MrRhino :D

19. SpaceRhino

SpaceRhino Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Hey Guys, that's it for our first play session of the day. We have another one coming up in about 2 hours, its gonna be 6-8pm EST. Just so everyone is on the same page, download the game, play through to the end of the on boarding, and during the play session, hit on play and tap on the 3v3 mode at the very top. That way you'll go into matches against other players and really get to experience the competitive aspect of the game.

And hit us up right here, tell us what you think, not jsut of gameplay, but UI flow, UX, what did you think about on boarding, is it too long, or short, did you feel it taught you how to play the game? All feedback is good feedback!

20. Macumbo

Macumbo New Member

Feb 8, 2016
    I managed to play for some time on saturday afternoon's play session, and I have to admit, I liked what I saw. I really like the gameplay though, had a lot of fun and its fairly easy to pick up after you do the tutorial when you start the game for the first time. Killing an enemy hero feels so good too.

Its also well polished for a beta, nice job!

The only thing I had an issue with is lane switching. It feels off, since it takes you out of the game and covers the whole screen. My hero died sometimes doing that :( Aside from that, Ill be playing tomorrow again :D