Universal Game Degree Zero - 3D adventure (May)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tea, Apr 14, 2014.

1. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Game Degree Zero is Anime 3D's SFX second adventure game.
    Originally this came out in selected countries as a very experimental... ...thing.

[​IMG]

Gameplay is (or at least, was) utterly minimal. It is a kind of charade turned into a game; while environments are minimally designed they are varied.

The game alternates between puzzles and, frustratingly hard, platform-style gameplay

[​IMG]

I'm putting more work into this, looks like we're heading towards a global release this time.

[​IMG]

You can get codes for the previous version. There is a giveaway in relevant forum but you can also leave impressions/ideas/comments in this thread and if it sounds like you're interested, I might send you a code.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This game is soooo weird but that can be a good thing. It sort of has a device 6 vibe in a way of the story telling. I am stuck at a part where I have to cross a line with a circle in the middle with a hole in it. It seems that it might be impossible. It would be great if you could implement a relative touch d pad.

3. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I passed the line part, I don't know how I did it. Now I am stuck on the next part. I think I know what I'm supposed to do but the controls makes this extremely difficult to achieve it. Dev can you please pm for a hint? :)
    This game is more like device 6 than I thought. Nothing is really self explanatory just like that game. Also, dev what drugs were you on while making this. It feels like I'm on some powerful stuff.

4. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Alright I figured the part out that I was stuck on in the game. If I were you I would market this game like you took peyote and you are taking some sort of spirit walk. Make the visuals a little more trippy polish the controls a bit and graphics and you have yourself a cool game.

5. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    #5 tea, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Ah okay. Was it mostly about "remembering dat jump button" then?

I guess you reached the (temporary) ending?

Controls... not sure if that would make sense but control-wise i distinguish relative, fixed-relative and true-fixed. The latter (true fixed) is what we got here, I'm aware of the problems this may create.
    With fixed-relative when you press the (apparently fixed) control area you don't start walking yet, only after swiping up/left/right/down it starts moving, which tends to work a lot better than true fixed.

With Antistar I replaced relative-fixed by relative and... well, many players (esp. beginners) find it easier to wholly cover the screen with their fingers when given relative controls. Oh well.

6. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    No other impressions about this game?

7. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Style test

Just thought I would drop by to show this render as I kinda like the atmosphere.

[​IMG]

While this is a pretty render it's very close to how it looks in-game. As I've been experimenting with several styles / shading methods etc... can't really tell you yet what I will opt for (game was eclectic in spirit from its inception so it may come out as a mix of different styles)