Universal Doctor Who: Legacy - (by Tiny Rebel Games LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 27, 2013.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Next challenge: Companion complete! Haha!

2. Snail Games

Snail Games Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #262 Snail Games, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    I haven't had a chance to play this game, but my god I may have to try it, Doctor Who is so great

3. GameLvnGurl

GameLvnGurl Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Woohoo to Tom Baker

I just wanted to say that I love this game so much and was bummed that you didn't have Tom Baker before. I went into the store several times over the last few months looking to buy him with crystals. So, thank you for the gift of the fourth doctor since he is my favorite.

Also is there anyway that you can flip the game on the iPad? I sometimes play while charging and it would be nice to have the charging port pointing up and not have the game upside down.

4. TinyRebelGames

TinyRebelGames Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Thanks for the kind words! There was always going to be one Doctor who was added last, sadly, and it ended up being 4th.

Not sure about the flipping - I've dropped out tech guys an email to see if we can change how that works.

5. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Been playing this for a while. Just finished Season 6 and starting on Season 5. It really does get addicting! When you start maxing out your characters and they start acquiring their second colors, the whole game gets an interesting new twist with strategies and such. Still not beating the expert levels but I have beaten a few Hard levels.

6. TinyRebelGames

Nov 26, 2013
    We're huge RPG fans, we really wanted the game to have a very heavy RPG feeling (swapping team members / skills to overcome a challenge, have fast paces gameplay where the enemy makes a move and there are strategic ways to deal with that, always having users make meaningful decisions) - the tough thing was distilling all of that down to a casual experience where even non-RPG fans could walk in and have a meaningful RPG experience without them necessarily knowing it.

And, as part of that, we're continually adding more complexity and challenge the further you go in the game - like the dual color system. The trick is layering that stuff in slowly when players get to points where they understand the basics.

Lots of stuff coming this weekend to celebrate Halloween! Also, we'll be releasing the first costume which was crowd funded by the community!

7. TinyRebelGames

Nov 26, 2013
    If any of you are interested in a Halloween treat, we have a special promotion going for Halloween :)

Attached Files:

8. TinyRebelGames

Nov 26, 2013
    Yesterday Susan (executive producer) and I (creative director) hosted a Twitch chat where we laid out the next few months of content which includes:

- new story content this month
    - first look at our new pixelated art style for the "bigger on the inside" expansion starting this month
    - our 1 year anniversary at the end of November
    - our 2nd advent calender promotion through December
    - chapter 4 of the story starting January

and loads, loads more.

http://www.twitch.tv/theadiposetv/b/585965700

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow! I hope the pixelated style levels will totally stick around. It would be cool to see all levels get a pixelated treatment and be able to switch between the looks in settings. But I'm sure that would be a bit of work. :)

Super cool stuff, guys! Thanks for the work.

10. TinyRebelGames

Nov 26, 2013
    For those whovians who caught the episode tonight (or maybe saw the app store featuring we were lucky enough to get with our latest update and clicked into this thread for the first time), tomorrow we'll be releasing new levels based on Dark Water / Death in Heaven with Kate Stewart as a new ally (100% drop, like the rest of the season 8 level drops), and 2 new costumes (huge spoilers, or I would list who they are here - but they're awesome).

In a few weeks we'll be starting our advent calender promotion, and the season 8 levels will be removed from the specials area (and will start to be rolled into the story). Never been a better time to jump into the game and grab a LOT of guaranteed drops from the season 8 episode levels.

11. TinyRebelGames

Nov 26, 2013
    Just a quick note to let you know that we started out 2nd annual advent promotion this week - every day through to Christmas day we're launching a new level with new goodies dropping every day! In the next few weeks we have some awesome new companions including Perkins (Frank Skinner), and Astrid Peth (Kylie Minogue).

In addition, over the next few weeks we're going to have some Doctor Who cast members join us on our weekly Twitch chat!

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Enjoying it so far! Thanks so much for making this holiday a fun one. Here's hoping we'll see some snow in these levels the closer we get to the Christmas Special!

13. TinyRebelGames

Nov 26, 2013
    Glad your enjoying it! =) Lots of awesome stuff coming through the month =)

Also - we're still finishing off the details, but over the next 3 Twitch chats (Thurs, midday PST) we should have a special guest each week, all of which are actors from the show!

This is slightly off topic for the board, but since it's the same game ---- we're proud to announce that Legacy made the top 100 Android games of 2014!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3000bd9_hot_games_2014

14. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Does this have an offline mode yet? I mean, what if the zombie apocalypse happens and all the internet towers go down... I'd still wanna be able to play in my final hours.

P.s. Serious question.

15. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Just had a big update with a lot of new content, most of it is pay to unlock. Every time you open the app it has to link to the server. I believe you can play offline though. There have been several times where my service was down and I was able to play.

Edit: I just put mine on airport mode and played a round. It was fine but you may need to link once in a while and I do not think you will get your daily bonuses.

16. TinyRebelGames

Nov 26, 2013
    Just a quick update - Doctor Who: Legacy is currently shadowing season 9 of the show - a few hours after the EST showing of the show every week we launch a new level based on the new episode. In 3 weeks is the 2nd anniversary of the game, alongside which we'll be launching 3 new multi-Doctor levels.

Alongside the Christmas episode we'll be launching a new "signature series" of characters free and exclusive to the fan area as a thanks to all the users who have supported the game since launch.

- Lee, Creative Director