Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor - the secret...?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NagaRoyalGuard, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I can confirm that if you do not trigger the 9 in the clock, you cannot open the secret room in the end (as a reminder you missed something, the sound when you trigger in order the 4 switches is different if you triggered the clock, idem when you hit the wheel at the end).

I came more or less to same conclusions.

Awesome game, simply awesome (ANY platform, not just iPhone).

2. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Well done. I overlooked CK and his connection. I'll have to think about that, obviously how the 2 stories merge

3. gyromancer

gyromancer Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Civil servant
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Finally done it! :)

4. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    To open the treasure room on the last level you must:

Turn the clock from 8:55 to 9:00 in the Foyer.
    Hit the red button above the second clock in the Library (it glows).
    Hit the gravestone in the Fountain (it glows).
    Hit the switches in the proper order in the Basement (W, NE, SW, E)
    Hit the wheel in the Hearth.

5. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    It was only a matter of time... get it?!?

6. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I got this great game today mostly because of what I have read here in this thread.
    First thing that knocked me off my feet was the spider itself. The way he moves and jumps is like something I've never seen before. I haven't played much of the game but for me it's the best one on iphone so far. Keep up the good work!

7. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    This is the most epic thread ever. I don't even have the game, just think this thread is really interesting. I want it though.

8. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    This thread is awesome. Right now I'm playing the game for the second time and I have found an insane amount of details/story that I missed the first time. Cant' wait to play it yet again to find the secret, and I hope is worth it.

9. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    LOL your name says it all, brother :p

10. Connaught

Connaught New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Anybody else noticed the ability to super jump?

Jump, then flick again while in mid flight for a boost.

Sweet!

11. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    I'm surprise there isnt much of a discussion about this game on TA forums. This game is Top15 in CAD and simply a great game, great controls!

12. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
  13. Suicune

Suicune New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Found the room!!!!

First thing: In one room was a grandfather clock - the hands were on 8:55 jumpup to the top of the clock - and it clicked over to read 9:00.

2. In another room, pushing the red button on the ceiling makes the hands of a smaller clock glow for a short time. This clock also reads 9:00.

3. The tombstone the arrows on it indicates what switches to press. Press them in the right order. The switch on the stove is last.

When u finally press the wheel it will stick and a keyhole will appear. jump in and bam! Secret room/ treasure room filled with costly things

hope this helped out. Only reason y I found it was because of this thread lol

14. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #74 Omega-F, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
    Ok, so I'm a little confused about the story. Someone can explain this to me.

Highlight:

R. Bryce liked L. Stewart since they were kids, right, but she got married with N. Bryce. Then you find the "heart" with the photos of L.S and N.B lost in a well, which makes me think that one of them actually didn't want to continue the relationship and just threw that item away. There's also a part where you see a ring lost in the kitchen, as if someone just got rid of it.

Here's the weird part though, there's also a photo of a guy with brown hair (R. Bryce) with L. Stewart (they got married?). So probably L. S didn't love N.B, and that's why she divorced and got married with his brother? WTF? What's even weirder is that C.K Bryce is also in that photo, which doesn't make too much sense to me, because how a father could approve the wedding of his two sons with the same girl?

Then there's a train ticket that implies that after the wedding, they wanted to get out of there and probably after finding this N.Bryce killed himself after drinking poison.

So, what do you think of my theory? I'm sure that the story is way more complex than that too (I still haven't found the secret)

15. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Great job by SoCal and MonkeyDavid on the summaries of the game. I agree with most all of MD's conclusions, though I tend to think

(spoiler)
    as MonkeyDavid alluded to in his final paragraph:
    that the gardening activity and hidden trowel indicate that R. found out about N. and L.S. rekindling their love when N. returned, leading R. to kill one or both of them and bury the corpse(s) on the grounds before eliminating his own map with alcohol and pills.

(end of spoiler)

Thanks to the observant TA posters for enhancing what was already a top-notch gaming experience. And needless to say, thanks to the developer for making a classic.

16. Suicune

Suicune New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Don't forget to make the first clock read 9:00 and the second clock...u gotta press the red button on the ceiling. Then the board with the tombstone, the arrows aren't indicating movement. U have to remember them and the room with the furnace with all the pipes. U have to press them in the right order. Then when u get to the stage with the wheel above the fireplace click it and a keyhole appears.
    Done

17. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Simply amazing work of art. I'm at a loss of words....Brilliant.

18. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Spoiler alert

ok, I'm late to the party but I just got the game and it is a masterpiece.

I'm one of those people that notice lots of little things so it appealed to me as soon as I started playing. I put together what I think is the story of Bryce Manner. This is basically ALL SPOILERS so be warned.

Outside: climb onto Porch

Porch: climb in through mail slot (several papers outside)

Watch Table: RB sits waiting for bills to come to hide them in the secret area in the ceiling. Picture of LS

Hall part 1: NB's Military jacket hanging. Family picture. Clock which you jump on to change the time for treasure room

Hall part 2: Boxing Tophies N. Byrce 1st, R.Bryce 2nd. R.Byrce and his medal. Picture of LS and NB. LS is dragging RS into the frame. Secret - Blueprints with green/red markers and ribbons for marking.

Pantry: Sparse almost no food. Secret - Ripped picture of a young NB in bin of bird seed

Kitchen Sink: Wedding ring in the sink most likely LS')

Bathtub: Secret - love letter and bottle of perfume in jewelry box

Linen Closet: Secret - Chisel found in basket. Red X on the wall marking a failed attempt in finding the treasure. You exit through another hole with slightly visible red paint... another failed attempt.

Library: Ransacked as RB was looking for clues. Secret - Red button on the ceiling to light the clock up. Exit through the window

LS's garden: Bird house. Man's clothing on one side. Exit into the well

Well: Locket with picture of RB and LS. LS must have thrown away gifts given to her by RB

Fountain Grave: Female clothing. CK's Grave has the pattern for the switches you find later on.

Clothesline: Has the same clothes you saw before which shows that the Garden/well/ fountain/grave are all the same area.

Stairwell Closet: Nothing special. Exit through the trapdoor

Boiler Room: Secret - Burned letters from NB to LS, LS to NB, and NB to LSB. Switches to activate the secret room

Stairway: Secret - A house with a golden Bell Tower. Picture- CK giving a little point and wink to the hidden location of the treasure room.

Music Room: The Metronome has and R on it so it's assumed that this is R's Music room. Secret - Hidden in the cello is a package from CK to NB (contents unknown) Pictures - Picture of NB, RB, and CKB. one of NB leaving with medal on

Bedroom : Secret - NB's Medal hidden behind the dresser. Picture - LS,RB, CK at wedding (CK looks quite happy). Suitcase on bed LS's room

Rose Window: Nothing here

Rooftop: Secret - Hidden room with a tablet explaining how to open the secret room there is also a hook for the key which is missing.

Dining Room: Secret - Train Ticket with LS and NB's names on it. Room has been ransacked

Living Room Part 1: Secret - Pills in table. Dead body with alcohol, a single pill, and a ripped photo of LS that matches the previous picture of NB

Living Room Part 2: Hit that button and the gold piece will disappear and you can crawl through the keyhole

Treasure Room: You crawl under the door that a human would use to enter the room. Lots of gold and CK's parrot which has been stuffed.

So what's the story? Here's how I think it goes...

LS NB and RB were all friend's growing up. As seen in one picture RB felt like a third wheel being dragged into a photo. Later in life LS an NB grew even closer while RB became more and more jealous. NB went off to the military. Before leaving he took a picture of himself and LS, torn it in half, then kept the part of LS. NB later received a medal at some point for his valor. With NB gone RB had a chance to win LS' affection, which he did. Little did RB know that NB and LS were still writing each other and continued writing each other after RB and LS were married. To hide the letters LS would sneak into the boiler room to burn the letters.

After the marriage CK must have left the house to RB and LS and his treasure to NB before he (CK) passed away. Unfortunately RB was unable to pay the bills of the house. In order to hide this from LS RB set up a table by the front door to make sure he could hide the bills. After opening the package meant for NB RB must have learned of the treasure and become obsessed with finding it.

All this time NB and LS are still corresponding and things escalate into real love. So much so that NB sent LS his medal and some perfume.

While waiting for the bills Rb must have come across one of these letters... upon opening it he found a train ticket with the names of NB and LS. At dinner that night he confronted her on it.

RB forced LS to pack and leave with him. NB came to the house and found it in disarray. Thinking the worst he killed himself while holding the picture of the woman he loves. Never knowing the truth or about the treasure

19. Captain_M

Captain_M New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Excellent work!!!

This was really excellent and I think we come really close now. But I would disagree with your opinion that R. forced LS to leave with her.
    LS's suitcase is still empty, there are still clothes on the line etc.

But what really strikes me is the garden. There was definetly recent work going on. Although I'm not a gardener I find it quite unusual that this is done in late fall (may be November) when our story is supposed to play.

So another theory: While looking for the treasure R. found the love letters and burned them. HE (!) threw the ring into the sink and poisoned here during dinner (probably put something into the wine). After that he burried her in the garden and threw the neclace into the well next to it.

OK, it's just a theory, there is not too much evidence for it. But may be more than for the assumption that L and LS left.

20. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The recent garden work was from Burying CK. In the spoiler post I mentioned the clothesline stage is to show that the "garden" and "grave" areas are actually the same area which is rather small by human standards.

About the suitcase, there is a letter on the dresser which I assume is a "dear john" letter for RB. The way it plays out in my mind, LS is packing while RB eats. RB calls her down and confronts her, things end up in a fight and he takes her by the arm and drags her off with the bag and letter left out. This adds to why NB would be so concerned about not knowing what has happened