FIST OF AWESOME - from the developer of Hard Lines

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by NicollHunt, May 14, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks fantastic. Will follow this. :)

2. NicollHunt

NicollHunt Member

May 28, 2011
    Indie Game Dev, part time movie dude
    London
    Hello lovely Touch Arcade forum dwellers!

I've been a bit quiet recently, and that's entirely down to spending all my spare time beavering away on FIST OF AWESOME. The game is coming along nicely and feedback from the lucky few to have played it is quite exceptional!

To make up for my relative silence, here's a few new screenshots to cast your vision balls over:

[​IMG]
    Winners from a competition I ran, check my blog for more details!

[​IMG]
    Taken from the medieval time period in the game.​

The release of FIST OF AWESOME is still a few months away, the engine is largely finished but the art and animation will take some time to complete! It's without question the most fun I've ever had developing a game though, and also the most epic and rewarding. Thanks for all the messages of support so far, really looking forward to showing you even more stuff as it progresses!

Lots of love,

Nicoll x

3. NicollHunt

NicollHunt Member

May 28, 2011
    London
    Hi folks! So today I confirmed an Android version of FIST OF AWESOME, and released some alpha footage:

I also launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the rest of development. That was when things went a little crazy. In just under 12 hours it's made 14% of the goal, has been tweeted about over 200 times and is now featured in the Staff Picks section of Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/551886203/fist-of-awesome

I thought you guys might enjoy checking it out. Even if you don't want to pledge anything the campaign video was made using the game engine and shows off lots of fun things. It's also been described by multiple people as "the best Kickstarter video ever", but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt :)

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha! Love the video! Cant wait for the game to get completed. Instabuy for sure. I got burnt more than a couple times on kickstarter pledges so im sorry i cant help there, but i will surely buy your game.

Game looks awesome from the start til the end of the video. Good luck!

5. NicollHunt

NicollHunt Member

May 28, 2011
    London
    Hello! I figured you fine folk might enjoy seeing the FIST OF AWESOME gesture system put through its paces by my warrior-like thumbs, so here you go:

The footage is from the "Woodland Arena", a highscore-based mode where you attempt to survive a never ending onslaught of homicidal deer and bears.

The Kickstarter campaign is also going pretty well, we're at 71% of the goal with 15 days still left to go. I'm led to believe that's rather good for a tiny indie dev :)

6. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Man, why are all the good threads 3 pages in? Anyway, this looks awesome! I love pixel art, and did I hear endless mode? Note sure if this has been addressed yet in this thread, but will this have iCade support?

7. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Awesome video. Man, I'm loving the look of this. Also, sweet music! Best of luck with the Kickstarter campaign.

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    With Hard Lines still shining on my device, I caaaan't wait to play this baby. Graphics, music, genre, humor - awesome!

9. TravisR2H

TravisR2H Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Icade please!

10. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    There are few things more manly than a lumberjack ... except perhaps a lumberjack punching a grizly bear! I love the style and the humor. Running on the heels of Hard Lines, I am really looking forward to this one.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I dont know how I skipped this, but it looks incredible, will buy on march for sure, really looking forward for this game

12. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    This guy could make a game about cleaning dishes and I would still buy it.

13. NicollHunt

NicollHunt Member

May 28, 2011
    London
    Hi everybody,

I've been working away hard at the game, and some of the results of that can be seen in the latest trailer.

I'm hoping to have the first iOS release sometime in May, and update it with new features and playable characters throughout the year.

It's not shown in the video but I've recently added the ability to grab and throw enemies, using them as projectiles against other bad guys. It's already one of my most favourite things to do in the game.

Anyway, hope you like the new video :)

Nicoll

14. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    "Bare bears" is hilarious. This looks good.

15. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010

Love pixel :) will def buy this in may

16. Germy_Wermy

Germy_Wermy Active Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Bumping this up. Any updates on this? It's already mid-May! :)

17. NicollHunt

NicollHunt Member

May 28, 2011
    London
    Hello! I'm still working crazy hard to finish the game, and now aiming to have it done late June/early July. I'm holding off saying any specific date until I know for sure I can live up to it!

As a small reward for your continued patience, here are a few screenshots from some of the new levels:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully you'll think the wait was worth it when this monster of a game is finally finished! :)

Thanks!

Nicoll

18. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Haha sweet! Love the band, the cave paintings and the bunting. Keep up the awesome work!

19. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Take all the time you need! Looking better and better each time... First day customer here :)

PS: Please make it premium (no IAP + higher priced) :)

20. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    Out in NZ Appstore and the price is free. Downloading now.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/fist-of-awesome/id701415127?mt=8