Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Localization is done by an external studio (we would have lot of languages covered btw). But Apple is also doing their works on it, we are working closely with them. :)

2. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    Thanks tatoo that was just what i wanted to see!!!:)!!

3. turkgames

turkgames Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    Any release date?

4. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    tato, will this support my ancient iPhone 4?

5. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Yes but you won't enjoy the game to it full potential (full shaders, full effects, full details, etc). :eek:

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    That's really cool! I hope that the localization will be on par with the game :D

7. Shirflex

Shirflex Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Tatoforever, will you tell us who is going to beta test? Or will it be for every user in this forum...

8. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I've already made a list of users from here but i will surely needs more guys. When the times come I'll make the announcement and call for serious TA users willing to playtest Forgotten Memories. :)

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Hmmm, I'd be very tempted to apply when you announce but part of me wants to save any play of it until I buy the final release.
    It turns out, we'll for me anyway, beta testing is a bit of a double edged sword.
    I think I'm just too looking forward to playing the game and having the bejesus scared out of me rather than looking at it analytically.

Still think it might just be one of the biggest games to hit iOS so far.

10. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    You think but i am sure!

11. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    You should provably wait for the final release if you want 100% full scariness and immersion. :)
    Still, quite often we forgot about some enemies and their behavior (being focused on other stuffs) and we jump the He*l out of our chairs. :eek::D
    Forgotten Memories enemies are really unpredictable due to that reason i had to add a debugging option to turn them off, cause they rocks our pants out quite often while play-testing.

12. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2192 tatoforever, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    Hey guys,
    Now that some of you are over there, i would like to share some new improvement we've done to the lighting and shadows system.
    As you can see, we have multiple shadows and lighting in the game which truly add to the inversion. Not just for the main character but for anything that moves in the scene. They will be showcased in our upcoming gameplay video.
    [Edit] Dunno why, images get darker when i save them (Snagit S*ck sorry). Ingame ambient lighting is a lot better than those images.
    Anyway, Enjoy! :)

Attached Files:

13. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Hi tatoforever,

Would it be possible for me to be on the list of beta testers for Forgotten Memories?

Based on the new screenshots, the game looks atmospheric.

14. jujumafon

jujumafon Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Why is it that in pictures 2 and 4, we can see her own shadow ? unless there is another source of light behind her, theres no reason for that shadow to be there am I wrong ?
    Nevertheless, these graphics looks simply amazing, I loved the foliage effect in the air, very atmospheric, I can see a lot of elements from the survival horror games I used to play, but in a original way, you guys are getting there.

15. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    No... you don't understand. You see, it's a haunted shadow so it defies all logic. Spooky, huh.

16. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    good graphics but yes screens is so dark...

17. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Shadows strength have been risen on purpose to shows they are real (not fake). Actually seen the moonlight not so strength it should be the same for character shadows but you wouldn't be able to see anything then. :D
    Cheers,

18. jujumafon

jujumafon Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Hmm I got it. Light/shadow is a tricky thing, and its looking good on the screenshots. But I cant help thinking on the size of this game, is there any estimated size or too soon yet ?

19. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    It's huge, close to 1.6 - 1.8GBs (compressed). We've recently switched our cinematics pipeline from pre-rendered CGs to real-time. We've integrated FaceFX (http://www.facefx.com/game-titles) into our workflow. FaceFX let us save tons of space and integrate realistic lip-sync animations directly into the game (while playing) for a maximum of immersion. Facial animation would probably be the most realistic thing you'll see in FM. :)
    Before FaceFX we can say the game would weight 2.5 - 2.8GBs easily.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm still in awe that you managed to get this thing to run on a mobile device, Tato. Multiple light sources casting shadows? We were always told that that was impossible with mobile hardware.