Prince of Persia: The Forgetten Sands coming to idevices?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BrainGame, Feb 20, 2010.

1. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    this is from pocketgamer

Ubisoft hasn't forgotten Prince of Persia

A seriously built Jake Gyllenhaal will take to the silver screen in May's Prince of Persia movie, but his visage may also come to your iPhone and iPod touch screen in an adventure built just for the device.

Ubisoft is working on a handheld version of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, which will be released on the App Store in conjunction with previously announced DS and PSP versions. This is pretty close to what the guys have been asking for.

I'm told it's a side-scrolling platform-action game in the vein of the Prince of Persia Zero, but done in the style of the Sands of Time series instead of the beautiful watercolour of the 2008 game (if only!)

The game follows the prince as he travels to his brother's kingdom, only to find it besieged by a mysterious army. Of course, he's compelled to save his brother's domain, though doing so requires wielding the sands of time.

Apparently, this iPhone and iPod touch version differs significantly from the approach being taken on the console versions. The style of gameplay differs - 3D action on console versus 2D on handheld - but we're wondering if maybe there are different scenarios, too.

We'll know on May 18th when the game is released.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/The+Rumour+Mine/feature.asp?c=18592

2. BrainGame

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    if this is true, i hope the game release won't be delay like ACII

3. walker9

walker9 Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    the tutorial better be passable

4. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Sweet. PoP is way awesome! If the ds game is 3d this should be too... But AC2 was still fun.

5. BrainGame

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    even if this is a side scrolling like ac2 i would still consider getting this... so many big games coming out this year...

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    This better be true!

7. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Old school prince of persia would rock!!

8. BrainGame

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    second to that brother. lol... getting excited:D

9. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    it's a side-scrolling platform-action game!???????/

one more time again! :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i hope gameloft make it

i wish :'''(

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

wtf? stop hating on platformers! it so pisses me off that people like italodace hate on platformers! they're also good playable games! :mad:
    /rant

11. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    yes i hate side-scrolling = sonic style

guys we should be the same psp no DS

i like this game also i like AC2 by ubisoft it was very fun but side-scrolling and 2D style is not for idevice yeah we need real perfect 3D games

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Quit whining already.
    There might be a lot people who want to have a decent side-scoller.

Duke Nukem Manhatten - one of the best side-scrollers I've ever seen.
    We don't need only "perfect 3D games".

The more variety, the better.

13. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    Yeah men but we are talking about the PRINCE OF PERSIA shouldnt be super awesome if it was "Perfect 3d game":D:D:confused::D:D i dont say slide scrolling games are bad but 3d is always better! :):)

P.S. This better be true i am exited with this

14. AjBlue7

AjBlue7 Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    This is the wrong forum to post question marks man, we don't want to know if you speculate a game coming out.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    A bad 3D game is much worse than an excellent sidescroller -- that pretty much sums up my view of AC1 vs AC2.

I'm a big Prince of Persia fan and I've played through pretty much every one of them (I had the original on my Apple IIe). I loved the 3D versions on the PS2, but the PSP versions felt cramped, awkward, and tough to control. Those long Dahaka sequences (where you had to get every single action right or you died) were no fun at all, and I remember finishing them because I felt I had to since I'd paid $40 for the game.

I'm not one to say that a particular game wouldn't work on the iDevice because you need "real controls." But considering how diminished the experience was on the larger PSP screen, I just can't imagine how a Forgotten Sands game could be enjoyable on an iPhone.

A sidescroller that went back to the roots of the franchise but featured the acrobatics, combat, and level design of the more recent versions could be amazing.

16. BrainGame

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    ok if that's the case then sorry dude, so how can i edit the topic title? i put a question mark coz from where i got the information, it is still considered a rumour so... :)

17. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    Man i am great fan of Prince Of Persia thats why i want to be awesome but come on ubisoft can make a great 3d game for iphone .Assassins creed 1 was 3d and as many compained about the hard controlls i didnt had a problem at at all.Still i dont say the AC2 (witch is slide scroller) was bad it had great graphics and was fun,but i maybe enjoy most the full 3d games and not those 2d-2.5d

18. BrainGame

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    agree... i actually think ACII(ubisoft) is a lot better than ACI(gameloft) this is only my opinion though... i played PoP on my gameboy:sp which is a side-scroller and i found it enjoying. That's why i don't see any problem with side-scroller action games as long as it have Smooth framerate + awesome gameplay + replayability + good controls + and a descent graphics... :D

19. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    hmm, if they remade it with some cool camera angels, i would prefer 3D.
    And i didn't like AC1, but that was because the game it self had a bad feeling, not because of it's 3D. I would always prefer the games being like on computer or Playstation, and it isn't impossible, look at Gangstar, they managed to make an open-world game, with OK graphics and OK controls. PoP is a linear story, so that should be even easier to make 3D.

And i gotta say, there's going to be SOO many side-scrollers this year.. Mirrors edge for an example.. can't we get viarety?

20. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #20 italodance, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    tnx and this is exactly what i'm trying to say you guys

anyway prince of persia is an old legend story here on my country and i want to see it soon on my 3gs and Hell yeah PERFECT FULL 3D GAME :D