"__________" Games UPDATED! : The New Spam Problem?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by superbad, Jan 15, 2009.

1. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    so we got the promo codes thread fixed.. now there seems to be an influx of update threads.

some of them are viable.. some idk...

50HellsofPain likes this.
  2. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I don't see how its spam if its a major update... At least its not spam if its from the developer I think. Would you rather have the person continue the original thread?

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I think the update threads are relevant to the game forum. There seems to be a flood of updates today and a lot of double threads, but we're trying to keep up on it.

4. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Perfectly fine IMO, especially if it's a notable update

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I agree, if it's a major update, it would make no sense to continue a previous thread as that would not alert people to the update's existence, and also it would be a nuisance to search thru all the previous pages for update news.

6. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    I hope it didn't sound accusing. You guys are dong a great job. Just hoped peeps are a lot more selective for creating updates thread.

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    You don't sound accusing. I was just giving my two cent on on the update threads.

8. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I was going to say that I'd prefer an update in an older topic because right now for Tanzen the discussion is spread over various topics which were created whenever there was an update. But you make a good point.

9. I agree. There was the Dropship update thread yesterday where someone called it a 'nonsense' thread just because it fixed a bug. The thing is, people on here had experienced and posted about this bug, so the update was worth posting about imo. Of course we don't want every single update of every single game posted about when they are trivial. But we can't dismiss certain threads and start labeling them as spam as they may be important to those who had the issue. See what I'm saying?

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #10 rIcHrAnDoM, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    Selective how? In choosing only games that YOU would be interested to know about?

I think any game that anyone is interested in discussing should be welcome. If I have a game but don't have time to load-up iTunes (eg. Work, school) I just hit up good ol' TA and bam, maybe someone has a thread running about a game I own getting fixes, feature updates etc... Or games I don't currently own get features I waited to see before d/l this can help any of us out.

I think that admin. have a fine grasp on what needs addressed and if anything they may find this type thread to be spam! How could you dictate to users what games they might discuss on these "games" forums? Should they make a list of approved games/developers and post them in the site rules? Nah.

However, if you are referring to doubleand triple posts of the same subject matter.......

11. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    I post my updates to Bugz in the original thread, it just seems tidier that way.

Also doing it this way means I don't have to watch quite so many topics in case of a reply.

12. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    There seems to be another "spam" problem on this site: people starting threads complaining about what other people post about... :rolleyes: