Monster Loves You! (from the creators of AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! and SteamBirds)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dejobaan, Aug 27, 2013.

1. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009

Howdy! We're the co-creators of AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (Force = Mass x Acceleration), and will soon be launching the iPhone/iPad version of Monster Loves You! (MLY for short).

Here's the game in a nutshell:

Live the life of a Monster, from birth to elderhood and beyond, making decisions that affect the world of Monsters and Humans.

You live in the village of Omen, and your favorite snack is the fingers of small children. As a Monster, you pop up in the most interesting places — what do you do when three angry bears discover a young child in their cabin? Or when you spy a wolf hunting down that woman with the red cloak?

As a Monsterling, your choices are simple ones. Do you chase those poor little mice (+1 Ferocity) or protect them from the dogs (+1 Kindness)? Do you come clean about that fungus your friends ate (+1 Honesty) or cover for them (+1 Bravery)? As a youth, your choices determine your personality.

But all youngins must grow up. Monsters and Humans have been at odds for centuries, and there are Human villages on the other side of the enchanted woods. When Human children get lost in those dark and winding thickets, do you terrorize them for fun (+1 Ferocity)? Do you help return them to Human civilization to prove that not all Monsters are to be feared and hated (+1 Kindness)? Or do you fatten them up for Human foie gras — a Monster delicacy? All this, to the backdrop of increasing tensions between Monster- and Humankind.​
    Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TotalBiscuit's "WTF Is..." Video

Aaaaaaand that's about that. More info:

Radial Games: www.radialgames.com
    Dejobaan Games: www.dejobaan.com

It's launching sometime in October, I think. But don't quote me on that, because I'll get fired. Questions, comments, and roasted children welcome!

2. tanyaxshort

tanyaxshort Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Game designer
    Montreal, Canada
    I love Monster Loves You! :) I hope it does awesome on iPad so we can have more games like this around.

P.S. Hi Ichiro, if that's you! :)

3. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Looks interesting.

Do you already know what the price will be?

Will this be playable in portrait mode?

4. shenro26

shenro26 New Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Boston
    I'm Rohit, also from the dev team...

We haven't finalized the price yet but will keep you posted.

It works best in landscape so we will likely stick with that.

5. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Hello! Yes!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

6. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    This looks great!

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks solid. Aaaaaaaaaaah was a very highly polished game, so i have high hopes for this.

8. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Nice vid, hope to see this one soon.

9. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    From what I saw it' mostly text boxes one below the other, which would be perfect in portrait mode.
    I really like unique games that can be played one handed, hence in portrait mode (e.g. Scurvy scallywaggs or dungeonism). Could be a selling point for me.