iPhone Icebreaker - a viking voyage! by Nitrome

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nitrome, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitrome

Nitrome Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone this is Mat Annal here from Nitrome (you may remember us from our Super Feed Me project a while back or hopefully our flash games).

I saw a few of you on the forum already notcied this so I wanted to highlight to you all our upcoming game Icebreaker - a Viking Voyage. We have put a ton of effort into this game and it is packed to burtsting point with variety, nice touches and side routes that go beyond what you might normally expect from a Physics puzzle game making it much more of an adveture.

I have attached some shots here but there is much more info and imagery on the official page for the game here: http://www.nitrome.com/press/icebreaker-ios

We are following all the comments you make on here and while your best going to get a responce on the official page we will try to answer questions you have here aswell :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Is this going to be released within this month? This season? This year..?
    Or will it be super feed me 2.0 of broken promises?

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I can see a lot of work is going into this title, and I'll be excited to actually give this a try. I'm wondering the same thing: how soon will this see the light of day? I hope soon, because the pictures look great. Any time in the near future? :)

4. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    @Tannorexic and Anarkitty the release date is not really something we want to commit to at the moment. Super Feed Me got a lot of people very hyped and then very disappointed so were keen not to make the same mistakes this time out and promise anything like a date that we could miss. We waited until the game was 80 percent done this time out before announcing it and we have a team working on it so it is progressing at a good pace and there is no chance this is stopping at this point. We will be updating info and the percentage complete right up until launch so this time you can follow the progress......it's not too far off so hold tight :)

5. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    IceBreaker - Update 1

Hi All, just to let you know that there is an update giving more information about the game. We will be doing several of these leading up to the launch of the game. The first of these is 'Side Quests'. We have written what we hope will be an interesting post walking you through an example in the game with shots. This is a great example of one of the many additions we are adding to the genre to make this a really stand out experience and hopefully a top selling iOS release!

Please click through here to read more: http://www.nitrome.com/press/icebreaker-ios/updates.html
    [​IMG]

If you like what you see and would like to hear more and support this game we kindly invite you to sign up for future news including the actual release here: http://www.nitrome.com/press/icebreaker-ios/signup.html

[​IMG]

More info coming soon - thanks to everyone who is supporting us!

6. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #6 Marcus70, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    Wonder if this plays like Viking Slice?

7. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    Viking Slice was a clone of our IceBreaker flash games so the core mechanic will play similar to that. This game goes far beyond the basic mechanic however so you will be playing a much more in depth game with IceBreaker. You also get the added benefit of supporting the original creators of the concept so you can feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing your money is funding original game development rather than on copying others :)

8. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage will be out on the App Store on the 20th of June :)

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    So is this just like the version on the computer?

10. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Okey, two day left, will get it. This version paid or free?

11. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I sure hope it's free, but on the other hand, icebreaker is a quality game, but on the other hand, I could just play it on computer. (Yes, I have three hands, deal with it.)

12. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    It's got the same cutting mechanic as the browser version of Icebreaker but it is a whole new game build from the ground up for iDevices. This version has tons of variety, side routes, secrets, a map screen (think mario world) a story and boss battles. We spent over a year and a half on this vs about 6 weeks on the original flash game so it's had a lot of love poured into it that we hope people are going to appreciate!

Oh and there's tons more info about the features on the official website: www.Icebreaker-game.com

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Thanks! How much?

14. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    whats the price set as?

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I am betting $2 that it is $2. If I win, I get to spend it on IceBreaker, if I lose, Nitrome gets my money through the transaction I make when I buy IceBreaker.

16. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Is this out yet? Can't seem to find it on the App Store, does it have its own specific worldwide release time? Anyone have an App Store link?

17. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I'll take Duivs' bet. ;-)

18. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    #18 Flare_TM, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    Seems with it being Rovio they are subject to their own personal release time like AB Star Wars and Bad Piggies

19. Nitrome

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    It's still coming today...stay tuned!

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Cool...hehe...because of the...the game is about...and ice is...eh it was funny in the moment.