Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this.

So im playing Need For Speed and theres these 2 giant rings that intertwine and you can drive on them and I figured out I can drive up and launch off one of them, fly across the street and land on the roof of the taller building on the other side. Doing this is the only way to get to the roof of this building. so I got myself wanted, jumped to the roof of the building and since the cops can't get to you there they can't bust you. So I waited until my wanted level got to the max, jumped down, evaded the chase and got the trophy for escaping all wanted levels.

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    I already got that trophy by doing a mission

3. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Accepted, thanks for the add

Are you talking about the building that's one level higher than where the Bugatti Jack Spot is?

4. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    Yeah that's the building I'm talking about.

5. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Had another quick game of most wanted it's growing on me the more I play it, love the Aston Martin Vantage and the engine noise they used also tried and beat my first couple of most wanted races with it.

Still haven't really unlocked many cars but definitely getting more used to the skiddy driving.

6. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    How do you add friends in Need for Speed Most Wanted? It is locked for me - and. I can't seem to find anything in the manual about unlocking it or adding friends.

7. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #3547 h0130j03, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
    Tried it out, pretty fun stuff running from the cops at Max Heat Level, don't do that much. Mainly cause it's too much effort just to max it out. The only downside to this method is it takes forever to max out heat.

I love the Aston Martin's sound as well. I don't drove it much now though, It just doesn't have enough acceleration for me. The car I'm most comfortable in is the Lexus LFA.

You can make an Origin account and go to the Need for Speed site to add other Origin users. But I prefer to just add people through PSN.

8. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    Yeah it's pretty fun. I do agree that the downside to the method is that it takes a while but I've notice it seems to max out a little quicker if you drive around on the roof while you're waiting. I also noticed the first time I did it that I got a lot of SP from it, the first time I did it I got 40,000 SP.

9. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    From the Playstation Blog: "There’s more exciting news for PS Plus right around the corner (hint: PS Vita owners, and to-be PS Vita owners will love it), so stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more exciting PS Plus content coming your way."

Hopefully, we'll see some Plus content and deals by the end of the month.

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The 90 days of free PS Plus I got from PlayStation_DE (german PS twitter account) end wednesday :(

11. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    So I am getting BOD for sure tomorrow. I will record the video and let you guys see it. Anything you want to see, let me know.

12. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I want to see your face when you realized you wasted $50. :)

13. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Zing!

14. #3554 Haruhi, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    Apparently Black Ops Declassified is already out in the US PS Store. $50, 2.5 GB.

Save your money for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and Persona 4 Golden next week!

15. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I take back everything negative I said about most wanted in my earlier posts just had my first multiplayer game and although I'd no real clue what I was really doing it was quite fun.
    Still prefer more realism based driving games but most wanted isn't half as bad as I originally thought.

As for COD no way would I even consider purchasing that until user reviews start showing up and even then the ten level thing would give me a lot of problems parting with that amount of money, while I don't think Resistance was completely terrible it definitely wasn't worthy of the name and there wasn't enough there to even justify half the price.

16. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    [​IMG]

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    So you're saying maybe EA didn't pay off all the review sites??? :rolleyes:

18. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    No I still think they do that to be honest or at the very least wine and dine the reviewers with gifts etc.

I still think the games missing tons that should really be there but there is still fun to be had in it and at the end of the day that's probably the most important thing.

19. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm not sure about CoD: BOD. Impressions are fairly positive- apparently it's a huge improvement on Resistance. But, even with the good reception from fans, I don't really think it's quite worth it. The game may be good, but it's lacking on content. There are only 10 missions in the campaign, and six multiplayer maps. For $50, I'm not sure that it's worth it. Whoops... forgot about hostiles- cool I guess? (should have put zombies in there...). Still, seems like it could get old fast. If there is confirmation of DLC and possibly a zombie mode being added, I'll definitely pick it up, but right now, it seems a little bare bones. Probably going to pick it up regardless, but waiting on it for now.

It has almost everything that Burnout had and more. Criterion's NFS games are very much their own- they really don't feel like typical NFS games. Their NFS games have a very Burnout feel to them. NFS is pretty much just a name applied to several very different racing games. The NFS Shift games aren't very NFS either- more in line with GT or Forza, and it's just the developer's style (Slightly Mad Studios). Same thing if you look at Black box's games- they had a bigger focus on story/trying to be a Hollywood production.

I think it's a great game. It seems most people's dissatisfaction comes from the fact that it doesn't really feel like other NFS games. One of my friends is still on the fence, because he thinks take-downs have no business in a NFS game.

20. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I've only seen the two user reviews on metacritic so it's probably too early to say anything but both score it a 9 so far. Assuming they are legit possibly COD could be a lot better than I was expecting.
    I think it will probably be wise to wait to find out though.

My biggest issues with Most wanted is it's a game very much like test drive unlimited but missing tons of features and actually has a much smaller city, I also think the things like weather and traffic should have been left in as I think the Vita is more than capable and also test drive also managed to do it on the PSP of all things.

Most wanted does have fun races though and it's the best the Vita has so far in the racer category given that I'm yet to find WRC anywhere for sale. I'm starting to have fun with it.