Question re: the content of the FREE versions of Angry Birds.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GadgetGuru72, Mar 22, 2011.

1. GadgetGuru72

GadgetGuru72 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    I own (and love) the paid versions of Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons and, now, Angry Birds Rio.

Just yesterday I learned that Angry Birds FREE is also worth owning because Angry Birds FREE has 15 levels that do not exist in the paid version.

I read the descriptions of: (1) Angry Birds LITE, (2) Angry Birds Seasons FREE, and (3) Angry Birds Rio FREE, and do not see similar statements about exclusive content.

Can anybody confirm if there is any exclusive content in those other three free/lite games?

Thanks in advance.

2. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I'm not sure, but they are free so why not just download them and have a look?

3. GadgetGuru72

Jul 4, 2009
    Because it won't be obvious if they are new or not. I haven't memorized every single level of Angry Birds, so I won't immediately know if the levels are exclusive.

There's obviously no real downside to playing the levels again if they are not new, but there's no real point to owning them unless they are exclusive.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Some guru!

5. GadgetGuru72

Jul 4, 2009
    LOL! In my defense, I never claimed to be a GamesGuru, or even an AngryBirdsGuru ... just a GadgetGuru. ;)

6. TonyHorror

TonyHorror Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Rovio's response to Guru on twitter: "there are exclusive levels in the free versions, worth having them all."

pretty cool. i might download the lite version. i'm gonna need to make a folder for all AB games!

7. zamearts

zamearts Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    To be honest, these different versions of Ab got me confused indeed. And I just heard of the Angry Birds Seasons HD Free now.

8. Accessorygeeks

Accessorygeeks Active Member

Mar 25, 2011
    The difference between the lite and the normal version could be many different factors:
    Possibly less levels, Advertisements, & locked levels.