what is best time management game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mookie32155, Mar 9, 2009.

1. mookie32155

mookie32155 Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    What is the best time management game?

2. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I would say airport mania and hospital havoc are my favs. :)

3. ianlow32

ianlow32 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    my fav so far is the recent supermarket mania ... good mix of cartoony graphics and music, and decent difficulty curve

hell's kitchen is very good too, if not for the slow graphics at times, but liveable, and 3rd is chocolate shop frenzy ... relaxing and nice match-3 mini game included

least fav is diner dash, which is sad cos it was the first ... it was a horrible port ... small graphics and text and no enhancements done

4. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    When it comes out, Oregon Trail will be my favorite.

5. mookie32155

mookie32155 Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    which time management has the most gamplay time/replayability

6. iPodTouchApplication

iPodTouchApplication Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Hospital Havoc has 84 total levels

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    if you like time management, you should try My Life.. it's really hard! :p

I'm looking for a good time management/ tycoon game...

8. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Brand new hotness

Cake Mania 3 - This is the clear winner, in my opinion. Its graphical quality rivals Chocolate Shop Frenzy, but has meaningful upgrades, instead of a linear progression. The challenge is there too. Top-tier time-management. Second hottest girl.

Sally's Salon - Prior to Cake Mania 3, this was my favorite, due to the upgrade path that promotes interesting decision-making. Unfortunately, your upgrades run out half-way through the game and you just play out the remainder of the levels with the same loadout. Girl: not hot.

Supermarket Mania - A recent release that shows promise. It's fast-paced and has an upgrade path, but it's relatively linear. Tied with Chocolate Shop Frenzy, for the hottest girl.

Chocolate Shop Frenzy - Stunning graphics and personality, but the upgrades are automatic, which limits player choice. Tied with Supermarket Mania for the hottest girl. She looks younger, although she doesn't seem as smart.

Airport Mania - Again, a recent release. Thematically divergent from the rest of the crop, which is good, and the upgrades seem interesting. No Girl. Instead, it has an airplane with eyebrows....WTF?!?

Wedding Dash - Release after Diner's Dash and it seems like it may have resolved some issues present in the earlier title, but added some new ones. The characters are way too small and cannot be categorized as "fat-finger friendly". Girl: not hot.

Diner's Dash - While this was a progenitor of the time-management genre, the interface for seating diners in the appropriate chairs is clunky and it is also very easy to "plateau" or do well until a certain level and then beat your head against it forever. This makes the pacing seem pretty broken. The girl is hot, but in a cute, spunky sort of way.

Hospital Havoc - Too early for me to rate. The gameplay seems okay, but the characters are hideous. It's task-queuing seems broken, but like I said, I haven't played it enough to develop a final verdict. The girl is a hideous troll with giant lips and boogley eyes...not hot.

Hell's Kitchen - This is similar to a typical time-management game, but with Gordon Ramsey yelling at you the whole time. I hated it, at first, but I'm warming up to it. If you are a chef, it provides some actual Ramsey recipes. Gordon Ramsey = not hot.

Daycare Nightmare - Can't comment; haven't played it.

9. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    wtf? lol. oookay. Trolls need love too probably!

Never tried Hell's kitchen

10. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    He meant crash. :p

11. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO

Are you really rating the time management games on the "hotness" of the cartoon characters?

12. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Hospital Havoc (by far the BEST!)
    Airport Mania (Delightful TM game and a real challenge)
    Cake Mania 3 (can be quite hard)
    Supermarket Mania (FUN!!)
    Chocolate Shop Frenzy (Also very fun)
    Sally's Salon (love it)
    Wedding Dash (Also fun!)
    Diner Dash (I just got the lite version so I can't really comment but others have liked it)

Honorable Mention
    Daycare Nightmare (Gets boring after awhile but is still fun plus some of the baby monsters are adorable)

13. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I think his username djflippy speaks for itself :p

14. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

the first time he said it, i was like ok, nervous for the camera, then it became clear he has no clue what timed out means

15. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    It is called Supermarket Mania. Once you start, you won't drop it. Best graphics and funniest characters too. Whatever you do, do not waste 7 Dollars on Hospital Havoc. It is not worth it at all. Don't be decieved.

16. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Yeah seriously Hospital Mania, a cartoony time management game for $7 bucks? You can get Sway or Zenbound with that and still buy yourself a cup of coffee.

17. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    #17 CandyNJ66, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    Have you even played it? AND the price is $2.99 plus there will be a lite version.

It is the best TM game. Why are you judging a game you never even played? I suspect an agenda from your badmouthing Hospital Havoc.

18. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Oh really?! And who made you the decider on best TM games? Sorry, Hospital Havoc is not the best and not even close. Stop trying to decieve the OP. There are so many that are better and funner.

19. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    You didn't answer the question on whether you played it. That is my opinion as you have your own. No one can say for certain what is the best and it's all subjective. We all have our own different tastes but we are free to say what WE feel IS the best.

You make no sense.

20. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #20 Donburns99, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    Let's stay civil now, we're all on the same team here. ^ ^

If you've never played the game, please don't judge it as far as saying "it's not the best or even close". It may very well not be the best, but until you play it first hand just stay neutral about the game and say good or bad things about the ones you have played.

There is no need to badmouth a game you haven't even tried. :)

Finally, not everyone has to agree with your opinion either, as we all have our own. Seems contradictory to say one game is the best, and then flip out on someone else just because they don't agree with you. :p