What is the difference between the Spam Police and Moderators?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by iSky, Jul 21, 2012.

1. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    #1 iSky, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Hey so I'm wondering what the difference between the Spam Police and the Moderators is because I assume they do the same thing (or really close to).

With that said, how/what are the requirements to become one. I'm new to the TouchArcade community so I'd like to know what authority these users have in the forums :D (couldn't think of a better way to write this sentence and I hope you understand what I mean, and not take this question the wrong way). Thanks in advanced for replying and reading my question.

Edit: I just realized I might've posted this in the wrong section :(. If I did can a mod/admin/spam police please move it to the right forum?

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The "Spam Police" can only delete spam posts/threads and ban spammers who have not been around for a long time. Moderators can ban pretty much anybody, edit/move/merge/close/delete threads, hand out infractions, and perform other site management tasks. Administrators have broader powers still.

As to how you become one, it's up to the administrators. I never asked to become a moderator.

3. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Cool, thanks for the reply. So if there's a spammer contact someone from the Spam Police and if there is any thread related stuff I can contact a mod, or do you guys prefer not to bugged a lot? How can I report spam?

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Just click the "report post" icon about a post. It's the red triangle shaped icon.

5. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Ah okay. It's in the bottom left corner and it's grey in the iOS app :D. Thanks for the replies.