I wish developer will create another console style rpg like Vay but better :p

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gnetro, Sep 10, 2009.

1. gnetro

gnetro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    It's been so long now and I haven't seen any new Console Style RPG games for iPhone. I hope someone already developing one since I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy, Chrono Series and Wild Arms :)

2. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
  3. TheBunny

TheBunny Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    MMO Mac Lead ZeniMax Online
    Baltimore
    We are working on some.
    Old school 2D style FF Clones.

This is what the Mouse House / BANG 2D engine
    was actually designed for long term.

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree with the OP. I think Vay was sort of underappreciated, it's a really phenomenal game. It was a solid (although not mind blowing) RPG on the Saturn. But the way they integrated all the iPhone features seamlessly into the game instead of just straight porting it (ahem, Sega) is what I think really makes it stand out. There should def be more games like Vay on the app store.

@TheBunny: Looking forward to see what you've got cooking :)

5. eatmosushi

eatmosushi Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    thanks for making this thread, OP, I didn't even know Vay existed.

6. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    it's funny,we're the same,i also said those similar lines in a thread,i also mentioned final fantasy and chrono cross,except wild arms,i said suikoden,hahahahahah,although i also played wild arms,hope square enix or other good devs there will make a 3d one

7. gnetro

gnetro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    No problem, i hope developer read this thread so they can start developing another console style rpg. Besides this is one of the reason why I can't call the iPhone/iPod Touch a gaming device yet.

Square-Enix should make one, something like Crisis Core. Tap & Scroll would be so perfect on a Battle Scene.

8. gnetro

gnetro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Yes, Square-Enix should make another game for iPhone/iPod Touch. Since the 2 SquareEnix games doesn't really feel like final fantasy at all. I also love to see FF Tactics on iPhone/iPod Touch.

9. y0m0uth

y0m0uth Active Member

Jul 5, 2009
    i agree with the OP 167% if any company makes a game like final fantasy i will buy it no matter the price... lol

10. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Would also like to see some new RPGs done in old school graphics!

11. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #12 Somerandomdude, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    Well if you don't mind the lack of walking around/exploration but still want a good combat system and good character interaction/writing check out TNA which is one of the best games I have ever played on the iDevice.

Still though, I've beaten that game a couple of times almost and kinda want a real RPG on the iDevice. If square catches on they'll port something like Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition which I have been playing alot on my PSP lately or even Song Summoner which had alot of RPG elements. Otherwise we'll have to wait for an original one for the iPhone but idk how good that'd be. In the meantime I'm just using snes4iphone/NES to emulate the original FF games. And Sword of Mana on gpsphone.

EDIT: I was just thinking and I think the Mother series would go PERFECTLY on the iPhone. Feels like it was just made for it almost. Good graphics, great gameplay, now all we need are some iDevice specific controls, very slight graphical updates (by which I mean just rounding off some edges so it looks a bit smoother) and you have the perfect iPhone game, especially with Earthbound. In the meantime, thank God for emulators...

12. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Imagine if they port Crisis Core: Final Fantasy or even the latest one, Final Fantasy Dissidia. It would be so amazing.

13. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Dude I know... Crisis core has to be the best portable game EVER made. There is no argument. And it would be the best game EVER if it weren't for the original Metal Gear Solid. And as far as Dissidia, I got it a few days after it came out, and it is amazing. Unfortunately, I don't think they'd work on the iDevice. Only the 3GS would be able to run it, making it a HUGE disappointment to everyone else. And we'd get lucky if we could even do that much at a good framerate. Both games have flat-out amazing graphics, with CC having graphics on par with many PS2 games, and same goes for Dissidia. I think a better decision would be to go with something like FF Aniversary Edition, which would definetly be reasonable, although quite a large filesize. In the meantime, you may want to stick to playing those on the system they were meant for.

14. coolestk!d

coolestk!d Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    School...
    Around
    I remember playing Crisis Core the first time... It kills a lot of PS2 games. Best portable game I have played except the World Ends With You, both were epic. But Square Enix needs to stop playing around and make a real game for the App Store or a anniversary colection would be nice too.

15. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    square enix forgot about the iphone

16. gnetro

gnetro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I check the AppStore I only see TNA Wrestling, no RPG...

17. ENERTRON

ENERTRON Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    ha that reminds me of that family guy with the feety pajamas

"here is a blank piece of paper with my name on it. write down any amount and i will pay it."

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Omg dude... they need The World Ends With You. That game is probably the second most epic portable game ever (Crisis Core is number 1) and I'm not even halfway through it yet. I think I got to like day 2 or 3. It's been a while. But this would work too perfectly on the iPhone, using the touch controls to control your dude (lol I forgot his name...wow) and having on screen buttons to touch to control the girl (again... i forgot. lol). All they would need is a small button in the corner of the screen to switch characters. The screen wouldn't even need to change much, just switch control of characters (both could be shown on screen) and the HUD could change. It would work too well. And agreed, Square really needs to take the Appstore seriously. The only serious game they made was for the click wheel iPod.

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    And it's just called TNA wrestling. it should be a dollar and made by longtail studios if its the game im thinking of.