Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Fantasy, what are you looking for precisely? Sequoia K?

2. Texas

Texas Active Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Bidding on my Concorde part from the current global event ends in 30 minutes! Submit your final bids by PM'ing me quickly!

3. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I think you mean Tiny Tower. LOL! XD

4. Texas

Texas Active Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Bidding on my Concorde part has ended!
    Congrats to SuperPenguin17!

5. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Pocket Frogs - Pocket Planes - Pocket Towers right? ;) I can see where pocket towers might be inappropiate. :D

6. thefantasyicon

thefantasyicon Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Lol tiff...sequoia m! Apparently Swype decided to change my m to a K.

7. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Hi Masterchief, if you're re-starting all over again and want to start earning coins fast, here's a strategy that I posted some time back:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2621915&postcount=12004

I'm not sure if this IS the fastest way, but it worked for me. Try it out and let me know :)

8. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #12348 CastlePage, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Hi Train, LOOOONG time no hear !

Hi Aly, how are you? How's your BP ?

Yes, I also think that the advertising is doing the best job in LA (compared to other cities).

LOL, true. It's MUCH easier when you have the planes and bux and coins. For this global event, I have 4 cyclone-Ms, one C-130 and 2 cloudliners dedicated to delivering NY jobs. And I've been bux boosting the planes (it cost one bux to bux boost an empty plane to whatever destination) because I'm too lazy to wait for the plane to fill up in NY to get the 25% bonus.

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Thank you for the tip! I have indeed set a plan in motion, but the problem is most of my planes, even if I upgrade them all the way, can't make the leap from Nuuk to Reykjavik! D:

Hm, I was unaware that you could close an airport! Thanks for that tip as well :)

In regard to me resetting my game, I have regrettably already spent (and I hope I kick the habit of this) two real life dollars on a total of 40 bux. So perhaps it would be a good idea to just stick to this one for now. Resetting it would be a gigantic waste of money, now that I've spent TWO EFFING DOLLARS OMG :eek: :( Realistically, I suppose it wouldn't be too much of a loss, but another reason I don't want to reset is because a user on here was kind enough to gift me a plane that can go like 1,900 miles! :eek:

The only airport I can place it in is, I think, Berlin. Ideally, for some reason, I want to place it in Denver, but I don't have nearly enough coins to upgrade it to a Class 2 airport (I think the plane is a Class 2... maybe it's even a Class 3, which would put me even further in the doghouse! D: ).

I have a question: If I can't place a plane in a certain airport, will that restrict it from entering that airport as well? Or are they kind enough to let a Class 2 plane deliver to a Class 1 airport? :)

:( I sure feel left-out of that compliment.

Well, as stated above, I have some reasons not to give up just yet, but if I do reset, I will definitely give that plan a go! Thank you :)

And thank you for all the assistance everyone. It seems you are all very insistent on me sticking to this game and not giving up. :cool:

10. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    #12350 Bluebear88, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Be aware that you cannot technically upgrade a class 1 airport to class 2, same goes for class 2 airports. While you can upgrade the airports, they are forever stuck at their original class size. The upgrade just increases the layover spots and job list size.

Also class 3 planes can only land in class 3 airports. Class 2 planes can land in class 2 and 3 airports and class 1 planes can land anywhere.

Geez I wish we could upgrade airport classes x.x
    Image a class 3 Nome and Wellington:|

11. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    ...hm... well to say I'm disappointed would be a gross understatement :( That kind of sucks :(

I suppose I am just being a sourpuss, as I only have Berlin and don't have nearly enough to open up another Class 2 airport... But still! :(

12. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Yep, I still remember that feeling when I found that information out. I think I closed every airport that I had at that point, which was a bunch of class 1s in EU and begin opening class 2s and 3s in the US. I went from a nice web of cities to just two or three cities lol monotony at its finest >.<

I can't remember how much coin I saved before the conversion though.

13. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I wouldn't personally feel so bad about spending 2 bucks on the game, I mean we pay what, 60 dollars for a new xbox game or similar? Honestly at this point I wouldn't mind a pay version of pocket planes that would offer updates and new content. It really is fantastic value for free, and my hats off to nimble for keeping it optional to pay. But honestly, I've logged more hours in this game than a lot of games I've paid for.

14. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    So I've switched to the M plane only bandwagon. Anyone interested in trading aero eagle Ms for aero eagle Ps or Cs? I think I have about 4 of each type. Pm me

15. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    915 jobs and still rank 26. Damn u people make me work my 13 planes hard. Lol

16. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    24 @ 965. Whoo:p

17. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    23 @ 1024. It's ok folks I can keep this forum rolling. I don't think I am on everyone else's time zone. Bah. Korea.

18. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Shout out to NimbleBit support. After being scammed by the suddenly famous British-American I sent an email to nimblebit asking if they could send me the part that he failed to. After 3 days or so I received a response and sure enough, nimblebit came though.

I now have my concorde engine I was originally scammed out of.

Thanks NimbleBit

19. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    That's awesome. Love NB

20. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Awesome.