TA Forums Game of the Week! (Apr 24th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Apr 26, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of April 24th?

Poll closed May 3, 2013.
  1. Robot Unicorn Attack 2

24.4%
  2. LEGO Batman: DC Super Heroes

14.6%
  3. Talisman Prologue HD

19.5%
  4. Random Heroes 2

6.1%
  5. The House of the Dead: Overkill - The Lost Reels

6.1%
  6. Iron Man 3 - The Official Game

4.9%
  7. Shiny the Firefly

18.3%
  8. Gun Commando

6.1%
  1. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Like Lego Harry potter, it's based off of the handheld (DS) version of the game.

Less free roam and detail, but it's perfect for mobile.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, this could be a nail biter with a three way tie and the Lego game not far behind. Nice to see that all three at the top are very different games.

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Ah, another potential 3-way tie!
    ---
    I'm more excited for the next GOTW. I'm guessing Survivalcraft will get a boatload of nominations and votes and it'll be up against Star Command, Sorcery, and Stick Stunt Biker 2. But Survivalcraft is still the top Paid App, so I think it has a chance

4. JEFFG-TX

JEFFG-TX Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Several people voting for one of the games joined today.

5. andsoitgoes

Yes. Shiny should be removed. 7 of the voters joined within the last few days.

Sheesh. That's just embarrassing.

Mods? Help please?

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

You guys know it'll be handled... No need to worry

7. andsoitgoes

Thanks. It's just a bloody shame, and I'll never understand the mentality from devs that do that, it makes me sad :(

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Don't think Shiny should be removed -- just the bad votes. I wish this hadn't happened as it is a great game.

9. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Where is Eclipse?

Edit: Wrong week :D

10. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I voted for Iron Man. Even with its IAP, I've been having fun playing it this week. I come back everyday to try and get to a new "boss" encounter. I'm sure there's a point where I won't want to play anymore due to the seemingly ridiculous amount of grinding/IAP necessary to get new armors (and even space for the armors). But for now, I'm enjoying it.

11. Stage Clear Studios

Apr 27, 2013
    Madrid (Spain)
    I'm the developer of Shiny and we're so sorry about that. We have not registered new accounts but maybe our friends did. We have asked for votes in our other thread (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=186524&page=4) and in other places, so maybe friends of us have registered and voted.

Please, remove those votes if you feel that they shouldn't count as we want to be fair.

12. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK. Two!

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Unfortunately, no matter where the votes came from, it's pretty clear that those who registered, did so just to vote (many have zero posts). This has been a subject of debate but it wouldn't be fair to count these as every week, a dev could "rig" the vote this way, discounting it's meaning.

I love your game, but the rules are rules.

14. Stage Clear Studios

Apr 27, 2013
    Madrid (Spain)
    Yes, we fully understand. Please, remove these votes.

15. Stage Clear Studios

Apr 27, 2013
    Madrid (Spain)
    Yes, we fully understand. Please, remove those votes.

16. #117 Connector, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
    Well, another week, another votegate. Suppose some of you are wondering what I will vote for this week. Well, I am not going to post what I did end up buying like normal, suffice to say, I bought 4 games, though 2 are for the icade including pacman which is on sale today for $1.99.

I too will vote for Iron Man 3 cause it is an awesome HDMI tv game. It has some great sense of speed, and even though I can't play it just by looking at the screen or with my gameloft duo gamer joystick, it is a blast, minus the cruddy wait timers. Great fun though, not really anything I really had a huge passion for this week though shiny is good, and rh2 is good, but no icade support. House of the dead looks great, but I think I will wait for a sale on that one.