Do you trust games with only one screenshot?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dragon4ever, Jun 6, 2009.

1. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I noticed that some games only have one screenshot to preview. I feel kind of iffy when the developers do this because it makes it seem like they're trying to hide something by only providing minimal previews.

Has anyone here ever bought a game with only one screenshot and it actually turned out to be a good game?

2. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I'm sure its happened, but it does make the dev look pretty sketch.

3. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #3 LBG, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
    Yep, I never trust a dev that only provides one screenshot. 99% of the time, after I have researched the game more, I find that the game is absolute rubbish (or trash as you yanks say ;)).

However some games with only one screen shot can turn out to be quite good. And when I mean some games, I really do mean some.

If I am looking through the screenies and only the last one is a screenshot of the actual game, then it is an instant no-buy. Developers who have 4 screenshots of menus, concept art, random pictures etc, and have only the last picture of the actual gameplay are certainly not to be trusted.

But as a general rule, I only buy a game if:
    - It has decent screenshots (explained above).
    - I can find a gameplay video of it.
    - I trust the developers from there other apps
    - It has a genuine website and support page/contact info.
    - If there are positive comments on a thread here on TA.

Or if I just know the game is going to be good (i.e - real racing) then all of the above go down the drain, and I just buy it if I want it :D

edit - poll??

4. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    #4 iFonePhanatic, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    You made some really good points there. I agree with all of them although I know every dev can't make a gameplay video for their game (in which case I resort to your other listed rules :D). Good idea on the poll

5. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i nver buy if it has two or less screens...one out of the two is normaly a menu

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    If the guy can only provide one good-looking screenshot, what does that tell me 'bout the rest of the game? I can usually get some good answer here, though. If the dev's any good, they show up here sooner or later.