Fieldrunners or Warfare Inc?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by The Game Reaper, Jan 13, 2009.

1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Yes I know it's another of 'these' threads but I really can't decide.
    I was all set to buy warfare as I'm a big fan of command & conquer type games but the sloppy visuals made me undecided as fieldrunners has gotten such great reviews and nice visuals. Which one is more worth my money?

P.S. I only want feedback from people who have BOTH titles.

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Ok I have both titles, so I qualify. :p

Warefare incorporated has some sketchy graphics yes. But those are getting addressed in an update. As well as it will have multiplayer mode too!

Field Runners is also due for an update which will have a ton of new features and levels, towers etc.

Both games satisfy a different kind of genre and depends which you want. Because down the road both titles will be even better.

WI has more to offer in terms of levels and missions to play right now and the community is always making more. Field Runners has lots of game play as well, but limited to two maps right now. WI is more of a mission game where you complete the mission and come back for more later. Field runners is addicting and long game play as well, so you could lose hours playing fieldrunners really quickly.

I think field runners is more addicting and fun, but also a lot of strategy and ability to decide where to place towers. And WI is a lot more like a computer game or console game with a full story mode.

If I had to go back and make the choice again between the two, I'd probably pick field runners right now. But multiplayer mode would be a huge selling point for me down the road. And I would pick up WI once that update is released.

3. David

David Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    While I know this isn't exactly answering your question, I would recommend 7 Cities TD before Fieldrunners. It has much more depth, with an upgradeable skill tree, leveling towers, and 7 maps. Sorry if this wasn't exactly what you wanted, however I thought you should at least think to check out 7 Cities before you purchase Fieldrunners.

4. ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I'd pick Warfare Incorporated. I think Fieldrunners gets boring but there are so many downloadable missions for Warfare. Also Warfare Incorporated makes you feel like you bought a full PC game from 1999 :)

5. Mad Portagee

Mad Portagee Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I have both, Warfare Inc has a lot more levels, more of a full blown PC game. I would go with Warfare Inc, unless you just was to pick up the game play it for a few min then be done w/ a round..... Warfare Inc just has much more depth to it. Especially since you like C&C, I would definitely pick warfare inc

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Warfare Incorporated. Sure the graphics are a little grainy, but they're really not bad in the sense that they're smooth and well done, not like other apps with awesome graphics that are animated poorly.

There's a lot of gameplay with hundreds of missions and strategy needing to be implemented nearly all the time. Fieldrunners, well, you set up the towers, the field runners run, you upgrade the towers, and the field runners... run.

WI is vaster to me in gaming possibilities. You aren't always doing the same thing.

7. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Own both did reviews for both.. Warfare hands down...

As good as field runners is warfare is going to be getting online multiplay so that's enough to set it apart!

8. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    Warfare Inc.

This game is so well done. The graphics are lower res then fieldrunners, but they work fine. There are so many missions to do in this game.

I would just buy both, there really not that expensive. They're both awesome. But if I had a gun to my head and I had to pick I would pick Warfare Inc.

i give both games 5/5

9. davidhenry114

davidhenry114 Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
    I would choose Warfare Inc as well. Fieldrunners is great at what it does, but with only two maps and 4 towers it is a little on the light sight when compared to Warfare Inc.'s amount of standard campaign missions, downloadable missions and the possibility of multiplayer.

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Fieldrunners is getting a huge update. Wait until it comes out, then decide.

11. ipoo

ipoo New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    warefare inc is way better.fieldrunner is good for the first time around.it needs major updates....HUGE updates

12. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    hell get both it will only set you back a happy meal for peak sake!!

13. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Warfare Inc over Fieldrunners no contest

7 Cities over Fieldrunners no contest ;)

14. dboeren

dboeren Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I don't own either, but here's my reasoning.

Warfare Inc. is a good game and the very best of its type right now.

Fieldrunners is a decent game but overshadowed by better offerings in the Tower Defense genre. It's pretty, but shallow.

Between these two, get Warfare Inc.

15. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    Fieldrunners FTW!

Your on my cool list so you should listen to me. Just sayin'.

16. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    #16 Zandog, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    mmm, no. Listen, I know I'm bias here but for good reason. I wouldn't try and sell you on a game type you honestly didn't like. TD's are addictive and take some thought in both tower placement and spending to decide how your board is going to look. Next to a good Real-Time Strategy game, I'd go with Fieldrunners. It won game of the year basically, I mean, cmon. But Warfare Inc. has been named, not just RTS of, but mobile game of the year so many times before the Apple platform came along. It's been ported over and enhanced with the essential touch tools needed to run an effective campaign, is in multiplayer beta right now, it will host up to 4 players, has over 18 maps that are official and more than 25 user made maps.. Oh yeah. You can make your own missions with the mission editor, free. And has a huge list of updates, additions and fixes on the way.

I try just about everything on the iPhone because I have to. It's nice to know if someone comes out with a good RTS, what we're up against. And I can safely say that Warfare Inc. is the most in depth game on the Apple device right now. If you like, Starcraft/Warcraft, C&C, Ground Control or any other game that allows you to mine, build armies with advanced vehicles, troops and weapons, then engage in a full scale battle, Warfare Inc. has got to be it.

I'm going to have to go with the vast majority on this one, WI is the biggest bang for the buck on the Apple mobile platform today and is looking to continue to do so.

17. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    My 2 cents:

They aren't the same type of game. If you're looking for Tower Defense, compare Fieldrunners with iTD or 7 Cities and pick one of those. For an RTS, there's no real competition, so grab Warfare Inc. Technically there's Strategic Assault for .99, but I hated it.

18. Chang3r

Chang3r Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Warfare FTW

i hadn't seen this list of potential updates. this will make an awsome game evan better. looking forward to the update.

19. aerolord

aerolord Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    I would pick Fieldrunners over Warefare, simply because I love Tower Defense game over RTS. So yea, I'm bias over here.

20. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    its like asking "shit or gold?"^^

so go and get warfare inc.