Tiny Thor's Revenge

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoeManaco, Jan 6, 2016.

1. JoeManaco

JoeManaco Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamedeveloper
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Today I'm very proud to announce our next game: Tiny Thor's Revenge. I've worked on it for quite some time and it's gonna be a great game. Tiny Thor is an EPIC retro platform game with some RPG elements.

I have developed the original Tiny Thor for Ludum Dare compo and it was released by [Intermediaware](http://www.intermediaware.com) for mobile platforms. As I really loved the character and I had lots of great ideas to do with it I decided to do something bigger with it.

[​IMG]

The game features the accessibility of the classic Super Mario games with the arcade action gameplay of Mega Man. The RPG elements reminds of Metroid/Metroidvania like games but the Levels are divided into sections so the player doesn't get lost.

[​IMG]

The new character was revised, designed and animated by Medos Gashi (who also did all the art on our first game Bots Boom Bang).

[​IMG]

The *new Tiny Thor* will learn new skills during the game and powers up his hammer consistantly. This gives the classic arcade game a nice RPG touch.

Some of the backgrounds are done/based on work by Luis Zuno (https://www.patreon.com/ansimuz?ty=c) and I can highly recommend his Patreon page.

I have no Release Date yet, but I will keep you informed and you can also always get the latest news at my website www.asylumsquare.com. The game will be premium without ads and in app purchases.

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Looks great! I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Good job dev!

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I love metrovanias

4. JoeManaco

JoeManaco Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamedeveloper
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Here is a work-in-progress development video of the current gameplay: