Best Platformer

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by albie09, Dec 28, 2009.

?

Best Platformer?

1. Rolando 2

22 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. Rolando 1

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Soosiz

39 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Bounce On

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Plushed

11 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Spider

19 vote(s)
    13.0%
  7. Hook Champ

28 vote(s)
    19.2%
  8. Other (Please reply)

8 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. albie09

albie09 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    #1 albie09, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    I mainly have my sights set on Rolando 2 or Soosiz, but feel free to suggest (and please support the advantages) others. If you could list pros and cons for the apps, it would be extremely helpful! THanks.

*I'm ignoring 3d-ish platformers (Assassin's Creed, Dungeon Hunter, AVATAR, etc.)

2. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I have all of the games in the poll, but I have to say that my all time favorite platformer is Rolando 2. Everything about it is great- from it's uniqueness to it's visuals.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Spider. It's just so unique and new, it's hard to refuse. If it's fun, you seek, the truth I doth speak. If it's what you desire, take it, my sire. Hehe, erm, yeah. Spider.

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    As much as I love spider; I have to vote Hook Champ.

5. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    i hated spider, loved rolando, thought soozis was not as good as rolando, and heard good things about hook champ (but do not have it atm)

6. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I think you can get the first level or two of Rolando 2 for free and then pay for the remaining levels through DLC if you want. I'm pretty sure buying the full game this way amounts to the same cost as paying for it all at once... but entirely positive :) you should try the free version at least and i think a couple more of these games have lite versions (Rolando 1, and Bounce On). I'd pick Soosiz out of this list.

edit: or Hook Champ or Spider lol

7. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    As much as i like some of them i have to say that Plushed is my personal favorite at the moment

8. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Lol I think the exact opposite as you.
    I loved Spider, hated Rolando, thought Soosiz was better than Rolando but still sucks, and wasn't interested in Hook Champ due to the primitive graphics.

9. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    what do u do in that game

10. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

I've tried all but bounce on and my vote is SOOSIZ. Especially if it's still on sale.

I'm pretty sure there are lites to try for the majority of those titles so you can see for yourself.

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    @Aurora try out Hook Champ Lite. Believe it or not the gameplay is SO fun and solid that you you won't even notice the graphics. The graphics actually go perfect with the game and are very fluid. The Rpg elements are so well put together as well as the leaderboards. You can see peoples ghosts on each level for extra challenge. You start out with bare minimum items so don't get to frustrated initially until you get longer ropes, hooks, running shoes, etc. The Dev(s) are very much interacive with the TA community and have been making this game better constantly. There is already another major update submitted as well as one almost ready iirc.

I know it's not your type of game but it's free and you have nothing to lose. ;)

12. albie09

Nov 7, 2009
    #12 albie09, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    I have tried the lites of Rolando, Soosiz, and Bounce On, but that only gives me basic gameplay features. Basically what I'm looking for is the most fun game with good value. Graphics/sound are a nice bonus ;)

At this point I'm down to Rolando 2, Soosiz, Spider, and possibly Hook Champ. Please keeep the opinions coming! :)

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    All are good choices. Go to the Hook Champ thread and start from the latest post and work your way backwards. You'll see what I mean. Positive comments/ feedback that just keeps on coming. Check the reviews and ratings in the app store just to confirm how solid it is.

14. Outkast1

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I have all of those and... it's a tough choice lol. you should get them all, seriously. if only 1 then spider or soosiz imo.

15. albie09

Nov 7, 2009
    One I forgot about... anybody like the toy bot series? it looks pretty interesting

16. Outkast1

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    don't know about toy bot but spy bot chonicles is good

17. albie09

Nov 7, 2009
    Everybody seems to love hook champ but it just seems to turn me off...idk

I'll choose between the top 3 voted games tomorrow, unless someone really persuades me :)

18. albie09

Nov 7, 2009
    which game out of all offers the most gameplay, as in, simply completing the game (not finishing all the achievements etc)

19. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    And again, I'm sad that nobody is getting note of a new and simply one of the best platformers out there: Chop Chop Ninja
    There is a free lite with the tutorial level! Immediately purchased the full version and I'm so much in love with it. Besides Plushed (which I really love for its originality and charme) this is currently the best of its kind right know, my personal Mario on the iPhone. It's beaitiful, the sense of speed is perfect, and the controls are highly unique, easy and simply perfect. There are ten mostly very long levels with a funny story and an open end for new levels coming via future updates. You got cool power ups, sublevel, hidden objects for replayability and the main character is absolutely COOL!
    So I vote for Chop Chop Ninja as the best iPhone platformer at the moment!

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Can't find this game on AppShopper... either the name is wrong or it's not on the US store... or AppShopper is messed up.