iPad Battle for Wesnoth Episode 5: The Dark Hordes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kyle Poole, Mar 30, 2010.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    SWEET! One of my favorite iOS games of all time, just continues to get better. Thank you Kyle! ;)

2. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Good stuff!

3. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    I cant wait till the next update to this game. The next update to this game is probably my most anticipated out of all the new games coming out.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just reinstalled in anticipation of the update having already finished almost all campaigns ages ago.
    Still a wonderful game BUT....I discovered it doesn't support task switching, and no asyncronous multiplayer with notifications (never tried before).
    Having only recently discovered the joys of asyncronous gaming...Wesnoth with those things added would be simply AWESOME.

Any news about WHAT the update will bring?

5. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    *high-five*

More details please!!!!

6. ReddestDream

ReddestDream Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
    Any word on this? The people over at the Wesnoth forum don't seem to have heard anything about an update, and the Wulven site makes no mention of Battle for Wesnoth . . . :(

Sorry for the big bump, but I noticed that Kyle Poole had posted a few days ago, and I thought he might be around . . .

7. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    i'm waiting for an update, on my iphone i have a lot of crash :(

8. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Just tried using the sync saves feature and discovered a bug. If you try to upload any save that requires scrolling the screen to find it, you aren't able to tap on it to upload it. Strangely, if you scroll to the bottom of the list, those will work - it's only when you're looking at the middle of the list.

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Might this include asynchronous online multiplayer? The nature of BfW makes it ideal.

10. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    so, is the online part still active?

i need a good TBS with story and online modes.... this seems to fit the bill the best

11. bloodyparrot

bloodyparrot Active Member

Apr 28, 2010
    This game is assuredly great, and it can be downloaded for free at wesnoth.org...
    But I can't promise the iPhone version is still great. It has been well over a year since the last update, and the caretakers of this fine game seem to have abandoned the project. A few Apple iOS updates can really wreck stability of the app if not maintained...
    If true, it would be a shame as the developer was truly excellent and delivered needed and appreciated updates the first year of its release. I hope this project will live again, sometime.

12. ReddestDream

ReddestDream Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
  13. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Yeah, Kyle (the dev) said back around November that they're working on an update to Wesnoth. Didn't go into much detail about it though.

14. bloodyparrot

bloodyparrot Active Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Thanks for the info, guys!
    Reading the post RedDream linked to, I see that the official Wesnoth project caretakers have no control over the updates to this app because it is strictly under Kyle's developer account.
    Its good to hear that the game will resume support hopefully soon tho.
    In the meanwhile I just wish the communication could have been better...with both fans who already purchased the app AND with the potential customers who are browsing the app store and should be informed as to the current state of the app (i.e. in hibernation/no longer fully functional).

15. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2012
    yes an update is urgently required. Multiplayer doesn't work as advertised! Still lots to play and enjoy with the single player campaigns, but lack of proper async multiplayer is a major letdown.

16. Plynx

Plynx Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    The tutorial mentions a "show enemy moves" option that should be in the action menu. Unfortunately, it's not there. It should highlight all hexes that enemies could move to so I don't have to peck all enemies and play a memory game to figure out a safe hex to move a wounded or otherwise weak unit. Where is the "show enemy moves"?

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Way to get me excited for an update :(

18. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    This. I still play at least once a week and just icloud support instead of the current save game syncing would make me happy

19. Plynx

Plynx Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Haha, sorry. :)

20. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2012
    When's this blasted game going to get an update to enable its multiplayer to work as advertised. I feel totally conned.