can anyone please help with removing the GameSalad splash screen?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by GSohnoes, Sep 7, 2011.

1. GSohnoes

GSohnoes Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #1 GSohnoes, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
    it is absolutely impossible to get a serious review with the obnoxious "powered by gamesalad" because of all the shovelware that has been put out with the tool

i understand that by paying $500 per year you can upgrade to "pro" but it is a huge ripoff when practically everybody else on the gamesalad forums that has a pro subscription either got a free ride for being a moderator or got grandfathered in when the price was $99. (They also gave out a ton of free PRO subscriptions for submitting games to a competition earlier in the year, before i started using the software)

so that being said, can anyone please help with any information on how to remove the splash screen? any help would be greatly appreciated. (Or even who to talk to about getting PRO for $99)

2. GSohnoes

GSohnoes Member

Sep 7, 2011
  3. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    well if you want serious reviews with your serious product i suppose you just pay thoose few dollars and be done with it since the serious product will earn you thoose few dollars back in no time..

if you doubt that i doubt it makes a different what splash screen is being showed.

4. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    It is not only illegal to ask for such a thing, but also immoral.

Learn Corona, if you don't want a gamesalad logo.

It costs only $380 and it is pretty simple to learn. It is more work coding in LUA, but you can make a much better product too.

If you aren't willing to learn and/or pay, then making apps for the appstore is not for you.
    Sorry to say that, but with such an attitude you can't be somebody, who takes it seriously, so your apps would suck anyway, so actually you are good to go with the GameSalad logo IMHO.

5. GSohnoes

GSohnoes Member

Sep 7, 2011
    honestly my issue isnt paying, it is paying $500 per year when practically everybody else using the tool either got their license for free or $99

6. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Heh, that was a great sale! :)

At $499 a year, I won't be renewing. I'd rather pick up Corona, which is currently $199 for just iOS development. Stencyl is supposedly adding iOS publishing too.

Don't be so sure that the moderators get the software for free though. I was asked to be a "Sous Chef". One of the reasons that I turned it down was because I would still have to pay for the Pro license.

On the bright side, it used to be $1999 a year. HA! :D

7. GSohnoes

GSohnoes Member

Sep 7, 2011
    dont forget that it is still "beta" software too :rolleyes:

8. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Yeah, but the money I can make with the software is real. Calling GameSalad "Beta" at this point is just semantics. There are some issues with performance, and there are some really wacky glitches, but at some point GameSalad is going to run out of numbers.

When GameSalad started many years ago... was their roadmap to 1.0 something that included...

• Game Center
    • iPad
    • Mac App Store
    • HTML 5 publishing
    • Retina Display

There's been huge feature creep with this software. If they just put a freeze on new features for a few months, and just focused on stabilizing and optimizing their software, I think the software's reputation would improve and it could finally be 1.0 software.

Although, there was a five month period were pretty much nothing happened. So, I think GameSalad has missed some key opportunities. This space is going to get very competitive.