Mathstronaut preparing for launch!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by App-titude, Aug 18, 2010.

1. App-titude

App-titude Active Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne
    Hi all,

The next release from App-titude Learning is in for review and will (hopefully!) be launching on the 27th of August.

Check out the trailer!

Gizmodo has already given it a good review. :)

As usual, we'll have plenty of promocodes to give away to eager reviewers - so as soon as it is live, I'll out the word out and start taking PM's for codes.

The spiel -

Mathstronaut is a fast paced maths game for kids. Questions play out in a variety of crazy, colourful and funny animations as players blast their way into space.

The game features addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. There are four difficulty levels, based on the Australian school curriculum, and two great ways to play the game.

In Blast Off, players must answer questions correctly to power their spaceship towards a distant alien planet, pushing past their best scores to get deeper into space.

In Countdown, players have a set time limit to answer questions at the selected difficulty level. Ideal for standardised tests or for teachers to run an exciting live leaderboard using the App-titude online system.

Mathstronaut interfaces with the App-titude online assessment system, where teachers can view up-to-the-minute student progress and participation. Mathstronaut has been evaluated by middle school students and provides fun challenges for younger learners as well as consolidation of skills for older students.

Thanks everyone - We hope you like it!!

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Oh, and math ruins another potentially fun game. ;)

3. App-titude

App-titude Active Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne
    But it's the math that makes it fun!! ... who am I kidding... I'm hopeless at math.

4. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Aren't we all. :)

5. bang-a-rang

bang-a-rang Member

Mar 3, 2010
    (sexy) Developer
    I did my undergrad in math, and I consistently had trouble convincing people that math was actually fun.

Maybe making a math app was the better way to go! I guess the proof is in the pudding. Looks great, any-who!

6. HMAudio

HMAudio Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Audio Designer
    Toronto
    Math games are great! I still have fond memories of Math Blaster of yore. Congrats on yours, it looks great. Reminds me a bit of Wario-ware games in its speed and variety.

7. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    I'd love to try this game. :D

8. App-titude

App-titude Active Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne
    HMAudio - excellent call re. Wario-Ware. It was definitely one of our influences and many a YouTube clip were watched when concepting the pace and style.

Thanks so much for the kind words! If the game gets enough attention, there is plenty of scope for more crazy animations and more levels of difficulty to cater for a wider audience. Currently, level 4 is quite challenging, but I'm sure some bright people are going to be get some pretty impressive scores.

I won't be one of those people...

If Apple reviews the game early - we might do a soft launch on Touch Arcade first.