Best games no one knows of...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coolpepper43, Jul 14, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    These are some great games you may not have known about or they are old games that people may have forgotten.

Break'em before they killed the game with iap. I just wish I could buy a china doubler.
    Love me not
    Hard lines
    Mr. Ahhhhh!
    Brick out zero gravity
    Super blast 2
    Doodle jewels
    Potman
    Squareball

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I used to love Clash Force, it looked like an old NES Mega Man style game, but i 'presume' due to bad sales hes given up on it as it wont work on ios7 and he wont update it for that. Huge shame.

My best 'old' games....

9th Dawn - Epic old skool Ultima RPG type of game, huge world to discover, yeah its basic graphics but theres a lot to do in it, cant wait for the sequel
    Mayan Mysteries - Think this is a great platformer, quite hard, reminds me a bit of the old Rick Dangerous games
    Apple Dash - Created by a 8 bit programmer from the 80's, a great looking portrait style platformer, needs more love !
    Rico - Again retro graphics but a lot of content, a very good game
    Claire Garden - Again a great looking platformer, sure the name puts people off sadly
    Little Acorns - One of the best platformers i've played, a lot of content
    Storm in a Teacup - Still got the tune going round in my head ! Yet again a great platformer (you can tell i have a lot of favourite platformers !)
    Death Rally - Still play this a lot, maxxed out my car but still a lot of frun
    Shadow Sun - A very underated RPG
    Bullet Time - Yeah it has IAP's but its a brilliant game and very polished
    Air Mail - Again underated, a 'dreamy surreal' world where you fly a plane to collect stars etc, very good
    Alpha Squadron - Best 'Rogue Squadron' game i've found
    Lock n Load - A nice dual stick shooter with Halloween style horror characters
    Final Run - This is my indie classic i love, bit like Mad Max but with a storyline and lots of action. Love the graphics
    iBomber Attack - I love this dual stick shooters, tons of missions, a great game

3. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Phantom Leader
    Towncraft
    Transport Tycoon
    Pixa
    Quest lord
    Unknown (yes, it's called that)

I would have added 9th Dawn but since the last update they disabled screen rotation and now I can't play it. :mad:

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You panicked me then ! I just started it up and its fine, home button on the right. I thought thats the 'standard' for iOS games ? I only see comments about games when you cant auto-rotate and the home buttons on the left side not the other way round

5. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thanks Psj3809! I didn't know about Little Acorns. It looks really fun I love hook swing game mechanics like Mikey hooks. I'm about to press buy but I have a few questions first if you would be so kind to answer them for me. The game has not been updated in over 2 years and it seems like the dev abandoned it. Does it still work on ios 7? I hope it will work on ios 8 because that is coming out soon. Also, does it support the full screen of an ipad? I am assuming it does not have retina ipad graphics, but I hope I'm wrong. Also, it seems that there are two iaps in the game. Do you have any idea what they do? Thank you! :)

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hi, i dont have my ipad to hand so cant test that.

I've just ran it on my jailbroken iphone 4s 7.04 and it works fine. I've never had to use the IAPs, theyre 69p to unlock all levels and another one, costumes for 69p

So basically you dont need either. Its a great game, some standard platforming levels, others with 'mikey hooks' type swinging. Well worth picking up

7. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you for your quick response. I think I'll get it once I'm sure it has full ipad support. I'll do some more research.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #8 Exact-Psience, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    Would love to add Polara and Zombies. to this list. Especially Zombies. coz you cant even use search to find the game. You'll have to search for it through searching for the dev Bignic.

And Polara is still one of THE BEST games i've played on iOS.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Good shout. Zombies is superb, like you say its near impossible to find on your iphone ! Easier on itunes as you can recognise the icon.

Great retro graphics, plays really well

10. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Apparently I buy and play too many games... I've heard of, know about or own every single game in this thread! That's kind of why I never like to add lists to these type of threads... I assume everyone is like me and has already heard of or played all the games I have!

11. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    You know potman and squareball? Where have you been? Have I missed you in threads?

12. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

This^

13. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Eternity warriors 2 everyone! I honestly sunk 25+ hours into this before they un-supported ipod 4. Hardly iap ish, just get the freakin game and give it a chance. I never ever bought iap

14. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    My ipad is setup in it's stand with the button on the left and I guess I've gotten so used to it that way that it feels odd to have it the other now. Thankfully most of the games these days do rotate.