Looking for a 1999-2000 playstation game based in Japan with swords, climbing, hiding

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jehowi, Dec 29, 2012.

1. jehowi

jehowi New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post these kinds of things, but I've been looking for this game forever and I'm getting tired of it.

Back when I was about 9 years old - I'm 21 now - I was reading a playstation magazine which had Crash Team Racing reviewed in it. That game got launched in 1999, so I expect this game I'm looking for to be launched around that time as well.

The game situated in Japan, or at least one of those other eastern regions. It had three playable characters and the ending would be different based on the character you picked. It was with swords and other weapons like that, so there were no guns or anything in this game, which makes me think that it's situated in the old Japan, with samurais and stuff. You could stay underwater for five minutes, that's something else I remember of this game, and you could choose to hide your defeated opponents, for example by hiding them in storerooms or throwing them in the river, to avoid people finding you. I also believe one of the playable characters was a woman, and the game also had some climbing in it, and you had to hide a lot in it. Is there anyone who can help me with this? =/

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

3. jehowi

jehowi New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    #3 jehowi, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    I watched a review of it. The thing I miss, though, is the three playable characters part and hiding away your defeated opponents. Looks like a cool game though, might try that one as well.

Edit: Never mind. I just read the names of the main characters and I remember them from my childhood, so it must be this game :D or his sequel Tenchu 2: birth of the stealth assassins, which has three playable characters. thanks!

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

That was the only series I knew that could fit your description. Glad I could help ;)

5. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #5 bigred447uk, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    'Bushido blade' fits the description I think. I'll edit this post later with a link to Wikipedia or something if I get time.

There was a sequel .. Bushido Blade 2 ... There are gameplay videos on YouTube.

Edit : sry I read the OP more carefully. It can't have been either of these games I think. Sry for the misinformation !