Upcoming RPG “Wizzley Presto and the Mysterious Time Machine”

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by peter2nvy, Apr 13, 2009.

1. peter2nvy

peter2nvy Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    #1 peter2nvy, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    ZodTTD, creater of "Falling Sands" is in the works in a new title :D

The game is titled “Wizzley Presto and the Mysterious Time Machine”. It’s a very slick looking action platformer game with some slight RPG elements. Wizzley Presto is rather like the Dizzy series of games you’ve loved in the past.

This development team is kept small, consisting of Craig from the OpenPandora gaming handheld project who will be programming, Ruckage our awesome artist, and me (ZodTTD) to bring in some iPhone experience and get the game programmed as well.

A cool element of this project is the blog. We are doing this game in 30 days, from an idea to a finished product for AppStore. Best of all we’re showing all of what is involved along the way. Expect lots of interesting posts for all those who wonder what it’s like programming a game on the iPhone & iPod Touch!

So be sure to check out Wizzley Presto’s progress on it’s official launch page and be sure to read about the $1000 prize for the first person to beat the game: http://www.30daygame.com

Source:

http://www.zodttd.com/blog/2009/04/12/zodttd-friends-will-make-an-action-platformer-game-in-30-days-for-appstore/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ibDPF0mXm0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zodttd.com%2Fblog%2F2009%2F04%2F12%2Fzodttd-friends-will-make-an-action-platformer-game-in-30-days-for-appstore%2F&feature=player_embedded

Attached Files:

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Game looks cool but with the character moving that slow how is combat handled; real time or turn based? Do we have tdo puzzles and jump on heads for XP?

3. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    didn't love falling sands . . . but this looks interesting.

4. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    I'm still working on Falling Sands btw. ;)

This project, it's an action/adventure platformer similar in style to the classic Dizzy series.

It's already improved so much since that initial video. That video was taking only a few days into actual development! :)

I truly hope this makes frontpage news, as I believe the blog showing the internals of what it takes to make an iPhone game is interesting to many people here. I informed Blake, will inform Arn next.

I consider TouchArcade a huge resource and it can make (or break) games.I would love all the support I can get.

Thanks so much for this thread! :)

5. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Hey Zodttd,

Are you going to be showing an updated video of the game with monsters? The game looks really cool and interested in how it's coming along. Have you set a price point on the game yet?

6. Whitewolf99

Whitewolf99 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    for me you are absolutely right here. It's very interesting to see the steps and problems of developing an iphone game. I play games since the nes era, but besides beta testing never really had an insight into the developer side of things.

I hope you will find the time for blogging a lot about the progress besides the actual programming and that the actual game will be a success.
    30 days definitely isn't a lot of time! ;)

7. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    I guess this isn't considered newsworthy here? :(

radchad1: We haven't set a price point yet. We don't like high prices on AppStore titles though. :)

Whitewolf99: Thanks! I'm finding it difficult to blog and code all while trying to find time to breathe. I'll get some blogging in asap though!

8. Whitewolf99

Nov 14, 2008
    i'm sure it is newsworthy. perhaps they are jzst waiting for a few more blog entries or they are worting for the perfect time to blog it. ;) they have so much blog entries a day.

9. shigzeo

shigzeo Well-Known Member

New RPGs are welcome anytime! I love the side scrolling graphics which make for a refreshing view on this genre. Hoping for another money hole!

10. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Heya! Thanks for the great responses.

Just an update. I hopped on my IM client and informed Arn of 30daygame. No response yet, same with Blake. I hope they're just really busy and not leaving out the little guys here. For some of us, sites like TouchArcade can make or break a game. We really want to make it. :)

11. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    hey, don't know if you emailed "[email protected]" but that's the best way to get in touch with the site. Emailing individuals can be of variable success.

and AIM also works pretty well if we're around at the time.

arn

12. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Heya Arn! I contacted you today via AIM. Probably just got lost in the mix. Same with Blake a few days ago. I will use [email protected], I just tend to contact directly when the opportunity exists as I know those tip emails get flooded. ;)

Thanks!

13. Whitewolf99

Nov 14, 2008
  14. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I think it's great that you are sharing the dev process of the game. I'll check out the game alone for that reason.